Should the UK be In or Out of Europe?

In
Out
Shake it all about
d)
Topic: This Europe Stuff (Read 183291 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: This Europe Stuff

Reply #6855
Just emailed my Tory-party-line-toeing-career-protecting MP to say that he he is interested in democracy he'd do well to support the Kyle/Wilson amendment. Not expecting him to shift from his previous "I love Teresa May" position.

Reply #6856
Just emailed my Tory-party-line-toeing-career-protecting MP to say that he he is interested in democracy he'd do well to support the Kyle/Wilson amendment. Not expecting him to shift from his previous "I love Teresa May" position.

You've inspired me.  I sent mine this.  I thought I'd keep it light.

Hi there Tim!

Well, this is going well, isn't it.

I was wondering if you could explain to me the difference between having a second refferendum and having a third vote in parliament in terms of which is an enactment of democracy and which isn't?  Why is one appropriate and the other not?

I was also wondering if you could comment on the utterly woeful numbers of 'marchers', that Nigel Farrage has just left to cope on their own?

Looking forward to your response,

Reply #6857

Hi there Tim!

I was wondering if you could explain to me the difference between having a second refferendum and having a third vote in parliament in terms of which is an enactment of democracy and which isn't?  Why is one appropriate and the other not?

I was also wondering if you could comment on the utterly woeful numbers of 'marchers', that Nigel Farrage has just left to cope on their own?

Who is Tim the dipsh!t?

Reply #6858

Hi there Tim!

Turn your spell checker on before sending anything else.
Anyone requiring chinning form an orderly queue

Reply #6861
Loughton.

Bit of a prat, as far as I can work out.

Never really paid him much mind before now.

He’s my MP as well. Besides being a Brexiteer who, unsurprisingly, cannot provide any tangible benefits, he was also the chap who ran Andrea Leadsom’s tory leadership campaign and was filmed leading her supporters in a “who do we want? / when do we want it?” chant outside westminster.

He’s a Rupert Bear check trouser wearing dipsh!t
I wouldn't recommend being a student to anyone.....
.......except to students

Reply #6862
He’s my MP as well. Besides being a Brexiteer who, unsurprisingly, cannot provide any tangible benefits, he was also the chap who ran Andrea Leadsom’s tory leadership campaign and was filmed leading her supporters in a “who do we want? / when do we want it?” chant outside westminster.

He’s a Rupert Bear check trouser wearing dipsh!t

I had a feeling it might be him. I was right with 'dipsh!t'.

Reply #6865
Wow...unusual for Matthew Parris to be so blunt. 100% agree with him...

"She is mean. She is rude. She is cruel. She is stupid. I have heard that from almost everyone who has dealt with her," Parris says. He said he had never expected this much hatred, "and that is not a word I use lightly."

The worst thing, though, he says, is May's inability to win over others to her position, to compromise and to lead. "It's crazy," says Parris. "That someone like her would end up in a job where the most important thing is to communicate, answer questions, make decisions. That is, I believe, more of a psychological than a political problem."

Reply #6866
Bercow says no meaningful vote 3 without a significant change.

Hold onto your hats: it's leave with no deal next Friday, delay, or revoke. Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #6867
Looks like no further vote on May's deal this week, unless it has significant change. Does that leave the door open for a pass for May's deal subject to endorsement by a referendum?

Reply #6868
I don't think politics has ever been this exciting. Come on Tim!

Reply #6869
Looks like no further vote on May's deal this week, unless it has significant change. Does that leave the door open for a pass for May's deal subject to endorsement by a referendum?

Presumably adding a referendum is a significant change and can lead to another vote. Who really knows though?