Skip to main content

Poll

Should the UK be In or Out of Europe?

In
Out
Shake it all about
d)
Topic: This Europe Stuff (Read 155801 times) previous topic - next topic
charlie and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: This Europe Stuff

Reply #5671
Well, that's shocked me to my very core.

Reply #5672
It's almost like them foreign agents don't speak English. They don't seem to understand "meet me at Membury at half ten on Monday morning with fifty grand in notes and I'll take whatever c*nt you want".
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #5677
Authoritarian, anti-democratic, conspiracy. Where are people who are proud of our country and want to uphold our democratic ideals when you need them to prevent an act of terrorism against our rights, freedoms and livelihoods? Are they enlisting in the good fight or are they out there appeasing the sh!t out of this so that they can persecute muslims? Only asking.

May and Fox completed the three-stage tactic of the right-wing populist: Conspiracy theory, followed by authoritarianism, followed by outright lies.

Reply #5678
So, I saw Keir Starmer on the news this morning saying that when (if) May's deal fails, there should be a general election, which appears to be Labour's official position.

But ... that just means no deal doesn't it - no-one can think there could be a general election and a renegotiation before the end of March?

Reply #5679
So, I saw Keir Starmer on the news this morning saying that when (if) May's deal fails, there should be a general election, which appears to be Labour's official position.

But ... that just means no deal doesn't it - no-one can think there could be a general election and a renegotiation before the end of March?

Nothing to prevent A50 being extended and under those circumstances I would expect that.

Reply #5680
Even if there was a GE, and Article 50 was extended*, I don't see how we'll move forward. Labour won't back remain, or even a 2nd referendum under Corbyn, so they have no chance of winning IMHO. So it's the Tories to lose, with some sort of coalition again I guess. Then what? Their party will still be divided by whatever deal May tries to negotiate in this 3-4 month extension. Should also add that the EU have said no more negotiation (!).

* Wasn't there some ruling recently also that you can't even do this, can only cancel it and then re-trigger it? I might have made that up.

It's a massive clusterf*ck like most people knew it would be. In the background we are killing the UK.

Reply #5681
f*cking hell. Just listened to a phone in on radio five live. Where to begin? How has this country created such moronic, ill informed people? Brexit means Brexit. Jusgerronwivit. Will of the people. Violence in the streets. f*ckwits.

Reply #5683
Indeed. f*cking posturing all the time, not wanting to show their cards. I think Labour would be doing much better in the polls if they had a much clearer position on Brexit. I mean let's not lose focus on the absolute clusterf*ck that is the Tory party at the moment, but still.

Reply #5684
Indeed. f*cking posturing all the time, not wanting to show their cards. I think Labour would be doing much better in the polls if they had a much clearer position on Brexit. I mean let's not lose focus on the absolute clusterf*ck that is the Tory party at the moment, but still.

There's no vote winning position on Brexit though. On the leave side, however much Rees-Mogg and RichB pretend, there's no consensus for any final position. For a large number of people on the remain side, there's no acceptable form of Brexit. You can understand Labour sitting on the fence, as any strong position is only going to lose them votes.

I still think that if the government had gone all out for Norway two years ago, they probably could have sold it to enough people on both sides to get it through but even that possibility seems to have been lost now. (Although it seems that it's could still have come back if May's withdrawal agreement stood any chance of winning.)