In
Out
Shake it all about
d)
Topic: This Europe Stuff (Read 146531 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: This Europe Stuff

Reply #4380
Let’s ask Mr Banks

What Mr Banks maybe doesn't realise is that he is dead man walking. When the extent of interference in our politics eventually becomes accepted public knowledge, as it will , the people who took the money will be toast, because they can expose too much.

That's what this Salisbury business is all about- a reminder. To the Brexiters, and the far left collaborators (because they are, even unwitting).

Reply #4383
Quite clear that the is no prospect of delivering anything workable, tolerable, and not economically disastrous. Certainly nothing with an actual democratic mandate. It's a tory f*ck up from the top draw. It's only a question of how badly we suffer and for how many generations.

Reply #4384
Cake.

Reply #4386
I had a discussion in the pub last night with the cousin of a friend, who is a Brexsh!tter. Without being rude, he had a somewhat simplistic view of "being British should be good enough", and buying british, and us being fine. I walked him through some actual examples of things that are already happening, and extrapolated a couple of those examples.  Explained how things like WTO rules worked, and the impact on things like perishable goods - with actual first hand examples.  He was genuinely shocked.

It's possible to "believe in Brexit", but only from a position of absolute ignorance or idiocy. The behaviour of our "leaders" pressing home this opportunity to commit this massive act of harm, is extremely sinister.

Reply #4387
Sounds like a fun evening, I imagine by the time you'd finished the rest of the pub was scrambling to get at your pitcher of cyanide as well.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #4388
It was the lesser of two evils to join that convo. Bob was also telling us the one about who wasn't playing, and why.

Reply #4389
I hope I still feature, I realise it's been about 8 years but I'd lose a lot of faith in Bob if he's surrendered his commitment to completeness.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #4390
It's possible that you are still in there....I tend to drift off after the first couple of hours.

Reply #4392
Tricky, I posted that link at 10am. You even replied to me . Are you losing it?

Reply #4393
Did he ever have it?

Reply #4394

The seething waves of anger have to subside first before he gets back to this thread.  Only to get worked up again.  I totally understand it. 

It's like being at my work... but with less armageddon. 

Chicago: Constantly fighting fires. 
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.