Should the UK be In or Out of Europe?

In
Out
Shake it all about
d)
Topic: This Europe Stuff (Read 321286 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: This Europe Stuff

Reply #9465
Not willing or wanting to start a massive drawn out argument with everyone on here as I have a life to live but if people starting pulling together instead of simply attacking the country in an effort to derail the process then perhaps, just perhaps things may actually improve.

Too many people are simply hell bent on riding rough shod over the democratic ( yes yes Tricky, Russian involvement and folks didn’t know etc etc ad nauseum) decision to leave just so they can say “told ya so”

I want it to succeed. Do you guys? ( rhetorical question....)

Come on, lads. Macroeconomic principles are as nothing when faced with the collective will of a few Englishmen showing a bit of backbone and stiff upper lip. All that's missing is your belief that it will all be fine if you just want it to be.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #9466
I guess it annoys me a bit that when I go to the US everything is much more expensive in £ than it was pre Brexit.

Rich ia taking a more 'in the now' view and looking objectively at whether the current price is acceptable rather than considering the relativity of how much cheaper it would have been without Brexit.

Reply #9468
My dollar has improved by 10c against the pound in the last two months. If it keeps going at this rate I'll be living like a king when I come over next year.

Reply #9469
if people starting pulling together instead of simply attacking the country..

In one breath you say you don't care that the pound - the country, in other words - has lost a fifth of its worth.

In another, you accuse others of attacking the country.

I'm not the one attacking the country.

I want it to succeed. Do you guys? ( rhetorical question....)

I want Britain to succeed.

How the f*ck will Britain succeed by slashing the value of its currency, lurching into recession and cutting its trade deals with its biggest trading partners?

You want Britain to succeed by making it 20% poorer. You make absolutely no sense, Rich.

Reply #9470
I guess it annoys me a bit that when I go to the US everything is much more expensive in £ than it was pre Brexit.

Right, I'm experiencing that right now.

April 2016 - the pound was getting $1.46
Today - the pound is getting $1.21

So the gammon's example of a 1euro pint is a problem to start with, because a pint doesn't cost 1euro or 1 dollar. its $8

My cocktail of choice cost $10. in 2016 that was £6.84. Now it's £8.22. Thats quite a jump just because, of you know, racists.

Reply #9471
Not willing or wanting to start a massive drawn out argument with everyone on here as I have a life to live but if people starting pulling together instead of simply attacking the country in an effort to derail the process then perhaps, just perhaps things may actually improve.

You're making predictions now, are you?

Based on what?  How on earth are you predicting the future, Rich?

Reply #9473
What does this mean?

How would you like us to 'pull together'?

Close our eyes and wish really really hard?

Yup

Essentially, if only everyone would stop actually thinking and just do what the ERG want (Like RichB does) then we could pretend it was all alright.

It wouldn't be alright, but the ERG could just do what they wanted. 

Rich will be alright, he's got a house and a bundle of pension money and has actually stated that he doesn't give a f*ck about anyone else. 

Reply #9474
Rich thinks he will be alright, he's got a house and a bundle of pension money that he is too stupid to realise is devaluing significantly as a result of his own actions and has actually stated that he doesn't give a f*ck about anyone else. 

FTFY

Reply #9475

So the gammon's example of a 1euro pint is a problem to start with, because a pint doesn't cost 1euro or 1 dollar. its $8

My cocktail of choice cost $10. in 2016 that was £6.84. Now it's £8.22. Thats quite a jump just because, of you know, racists.

It's not RichB's fault you don't have a mortgage free 250k house and 100k in savings, you cocktail drinking nancy.
Allez la Maison Du Merde

Reply #9476

You literally voted for this. You voted to "take back control" and you wiped 20% off the value of the pound.
What? Little old me all by his lonesome?

Wow just wow
Signature removed due to a serious lack of sense of humour on a site which used to pride itself on irreverent humour.

Reply #9477

Given that you remoaners know exactly how Brexit will kill the U.K. and totally destroy the economy then why didn’t you make a killing by buying shed loads of euros back in 2016?

Foresight failure....
Signature removed due to a serious lack of sense of humour on a site which used to pride itself on irreverent humour.

Reply #9478
I'd love it to be a success. Unfortunately it will be a catastrophe, as even the people pushing it through seem to now believe. They are looking to mitigate the effects in the short term. They've ditched any pretence of it being anything like positive.
Absolute bollocks. You are one of the remoaners that want failure just so you can crow about it

Reply #9479
Given that you remoaners know exactly how Brexit will kill the U.K. and totally destroy the economy then why didn’t you make a killing by buying shed loads of euros back in 2016?

Foresight failure....

Way to not address the point, Rich.