Skip to main content

Poll

Should the UK be In or Out of Europe?

In
Out
Shake it all about
d)
Topic: This Europe Stuff (Read 406192 times) previous topic - next topic
Jeff and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: This Europe Stuff

Reply #9450
Also... "deflation"?

Reply #9452
Was everything else in Greece free?
What part of over the odds are you failing to grasp. If I fully expected to pay £100 and it actually cost £120 then it is £20 over the odds as in unexpected as in over cost as FFS is this really that hard.

I simply used the 100 pints as a guide as I didnt actually drink that many - but you knew that.
Sorry if my patriotism offends you. Trust me your lack of spine offends me more

Reply #9453
What part of over the odds are you failing to grasp. If I fully expected to pay £100 and it actually cost £120 then it is £20 over the odds as in unexpected as in over cost as FFS is this really that hard.

I simply used the 100 pints as a guide as I didnt actually drink that many - but you knew that.

Okay, but just to check, you don't give a flying f*ck about anyone that's not you, right?

Reply #9454
The pound is also massively falling against non eu currencies as well, so even if gammons were to holiday in exclusively non Eu countries they’d still be paying more.

f*cking idiots.

Reply #9455

So your hotel and flight and car hire and transfers and meals and entertainment and shopping aren't subject to movements in the exchange rate?

All that a 20% reduction in sterling affects is the price of beer? The actual cash you spend? So it's only another £20?

Reply #9456
'It doesn't matter if the pound tanks' is one of the strangest arguments yet.

Reply #9457
It's only tanked by £20, apparently.

Reply #9458
So your hotel and flight and car hire and transfers and meals and entertainment and shopping aren't subject to movements in the exchange rate?

All that a 20% reduction in sterling affects is the price of beer? The actual cash you spend? So it's only another £20?
I was happy with all costs involved. Is that really so f*cking difficult to comprehend?

Reply #9459
You're happy that the cost of buying goods and services from abroad or while abroad has risen by 20%?

OK.

Isn't that a bit... f*cking stupid, though?

Reply #9460
The pound is also massively falling against non eu currencies as well, so even if gammons were to holiday in exclusively non Eu countries they’d still be paying more.

f*cking idiots.
Not willing or wanting to start a massive drawn out argument with everyone on here as I have a life to live but if people starting pulling together instead of simply attacking the country in an effort to derail the process then perhaps, just perhaps things may actually improve.

Too many people are simply hell bent on riding rough shod over the democratic ( yes yes Tricky, Russian involvement and folks didn’t know etc etc ad nauseum) decision to leave just so they can say “told ya so”

I want it to succeed. Do you guys? ( rhetorical question....)

Reply #9461
You're happy that the cost of buying goods and services from abroad or while abroad has risen by 20%?

OK.

Isn't that a bit... f*cking stupid, though?

I have zero control over costs rising therefore I don’t worry about them

So, you never ever pay for anything if the price has gone up, hows going to the bar with 75p for your pint going?

Reply #9462
I'd love it to be a success. Unfortunately it will be a catastrophe, as even the people pushing it through seem to now believe. They are looking to mitigate the effects in the short term. They've ditched any pretence of it being anything like positive.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #9464
I've not been to Greece for years does a pint cost about 95c? Otherwise the 20% fall in the pound has caused more than 15c increase per pint.

Then as Florist says, accomodation, food transport et al are also all 20% dearer.

Edit - point all covered in earlier posts, sorry my phone keeps jumping around the posts.