In
Out
Shake it all about
d)
Topic: This Europe Stuff (Read 321292 times) previous topic - next topic
Art and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: This Europe Stuff

Reply #9420
I'm far far more worried about the adverse effects of a no deal exit than the adverse effects of having grandpa's inner circle anywhere near power, so I'd take an outcome where the allotment messiah is interim PM, as long as he f*cks off within a year or so.

I'm less comfortable about having Seamus and his merry band of anti Semites inside no.10 but again that's preferable to that rancid little sh!t Dominic Cummings and his four horsemen of the free market fascist apocalypse.

Reply #9421
What cost Corbyn as leader of the opposition for three years? No deal.

Has it occured to you that people have to work out the wisdom of putting the future of the country in his hands, and perhaps explore alternatives?

Which is not the point at issue here. The offer is clear. It's actually slightly amusing: you're a little like that scientist who created a floating cat: bread always lands buttered side down and a cat always lands on its feet. So, strap a slice of buttered bread to a cat, drop it from a great height and watch it rotate into eternity.

If avoiding no deal is the object then needs must.

Reply #9422
that rancid little sh!t Dominic Cummings and his four horsemen of the free market fascist apocalypse.

There's no way I'm not stealing that particular description and claiming it for my own.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #9423
Glad to be of service.

Reply #9424
Jo Swinson is now going to meet with Corbyn. So that's a positive step.

Reply #9425
Which is not the point at issue here. The offer is clear. It's actually slightly amusing: you're a little like that scientist who created a floating cat: bread always lands buttered side down and a cat always lands on its feet. So, strap a slice of buttered bread to a cat, drop it from a great height and watch it rotate into eternity.

If avoiding no deal is the object then needs must.
On the contrary,You miss the point sir.

Corbyn is so toxic to many, that such a plan might mean it doesn't get the numbers. A cross party effort with a more trusted and respected figurehead may might.

Plus a general election solves nothing.

Did you not read what I put first time around. I made an effort.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #9426
On the contrary,You miss the point sir.

Corbyn is so toxic to many, that such a plan might mean it doesn't get the numbers. A cross party effort with a more trusted and respected figurehead may might.

Plus a general election solves nothing.

Did you not read what I put first time around. I made an effort.

A general election is imminent regardless of whether it solves anything. Blobby has a majority of one, and even that assumes that all Tory MPs will support him.

There is no majority in parliament for a referendum. There may be after a general election. But, if we don't bite the bullet and go for the least bad option, then no deal is imminent, and that "rancid little sh!t Dominic Cummings and his four horsemen of the free market fascist apocalypse" will be leading the charge over the edge.

Reply #9427
The least bad option is no confidence, govt of national unity, revoke, start again.

We are just arguing over which version of bad is possible. 

The people who want a general election now, are the ones who want to profit from chaos. It's dangerous and unseemly.

It also hardly moves the needle. We wake up the next day with all the same problems.

Reply #9428
Agreed that an election solves nothing ... No ... But it might start us down the road towards the solution.
Jeff is an c*nt. 3 games without a win. #blameJeff

Reply #9429
I'm fifty three. I don't have time for these utter f*cking bellends to eventually have the penny drop.

Reply #9430
The least bad option is no confidence, govt of national unity, revoke, start again.

We are just arguing over which version of bad is possible.

The people who want a general election now, are the ones who want to profit from chaos. It's dangerous and unseemly.

It also hardly moves the needle. We wake up the next day with all the same problems.

There is no such thing as a government of national unity. This isn't wartime where we're fighting a common enemy; like it or not, 52% of people voted to Leave in a controversial and flawed referendum.

We have a situation where we risk being toppled over the edge of a cliff by the four horsemen of the apocalypse, led by a government with a questionable majority of one MP.

That general election is going to happen "come what may" to quote Blobby. You may think that those who want a general election are those who want to profit from chaos, but it is clear that is the way we are heading because the only alternative is Blobby locked in Number 10, refusing to come out until the UK has left the EU.

Why not open the letterbox of number ten, and piss on his shoes?

Reply #9431
Vote of no confidence. 14 days to form a govt, which they had better f*cking do. If the cock shaped worzel gummidge won't come out, send in the f*cking guards.

You then have a government. It needs cross party support and a limited agenda. Extend or revoke article 50. Instigate an electoral commission investigation into electoral fraud and party funding. Lay out a plan for future process. Then take to the country genuine achievable options for the future.

You take a steaming pile of lying sh!te to the country, you get chaos and disorder back.

That's what we should have learned over this entirely avoidable clusterf*ck.

Go general election right now, and it's a bun fight in the streaming sh!t pile. Which is what the likes of Corbyn and the nob want... Because it's the only circumstances under which they may might prosper

Reply #9432
Corbyn is too toxic. I'm not convinced Ken is a good choice either; he will be seen by some as a "remainer". I'm not sure if convention allows a joint premiership, but even if not I'm sure a temporary PM + equal deputy structure could be agreed (one con one lab), this is more likely to get the cross party support needed. The key would be to have people who were credible "leavers" but  don't want no deal. Hammond perhaps for the Tories, Harriet Harman is being touted as a Labour option, I'm not sure of her Brexit stance; but as the opposition I think that's less significant.

Corbyn needs to buy into this; but selling this as the best route to a distressed GE surely has to have some legs. I can't imagine he will win it of course; but that's not relevant to the job in hand.

Reply #9433
Quote from: David Milliband, in a piece today, as it happens.
Johnson has a secret weapon in the form of Jeremy Corbyn. The Labour leader’s position as alternative prime minister blunts Tory discontent. His fence-sitting on Brexit splits the Remain vote. His unwillingness or inability to tell a patriotic national story, on full display in John McDonnell’s embrace of Scottish nationalist arguments last week, drives away Labour voters. His sectarian determination to purge and purify the Labour Party has Labour MPs spending the summer worrying more about the guerrilla warfare waged by Momentum over reselection than how to save the country from Brexit.

This is a complete betrayal of precisely the people Corbyn says he seeks to represent. The poorest stand to lose the most from the consequences of Brexit and its toxification of national debate.

Reply #9434
I'll answer you. Yes, that is his role. Well done on finally demonstrating a tiny bit of actual knowledge as to how the UK's system of parliamentary democracy works.

I am presuming that you asked this so that we can join together in congratulating Speaker Bercow on his sterling work of preventing the current PM from circumventing said rules and customs in order to force through a political action that is unwanted by a majority of the country as represented by their elected Members?

Exactly. He’s not just there to act as a referee between the two parties, he’s there to ensure the executive listens to the legislature. And he’s doing a bang up job, I’d say.