Should the UK be In or Out of Europe?

In
Out
Shake it all about
d)
Topic: This Europe Stuff (Read 97634 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: This Europe Stuff

Reply #3630
Perhaps it's just an acknowledgement that it's mainly an irrelevant document that combines desperate hope, with certifiable disadvantage to our current status? I can't imagine it's much worth reading, except to note with interest how much of it has been rendered irrelevant in the next week or so.

Reply #3631
It's actually irrelevant already. The government can't get it through Parliament as it is, even if the EU accepted it. (Which the won't).

I think the end game will be another public vote. Whether this is a second referendum (or people's vote) or a General Election all depends on how the Tory party implodes.

Reply #3632
I was reading with interest Rich Biscuit's interaction with Rich Brexit.   Obviously the latter has no real direction he cares to go in as long as he doesn't have to deal with Johnny Foreigner.  If you think that's dangerous thinking then just read this. 
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/07/12/trump-backed-brexit-then-he-used-it-as-leverage-219001

The Predator's are circling..

And how anyone would even take anything Nigel "I married a German and had an affair with a Frenchy to take a top job in Europe but really really hate Europeans" Farage remotely seriously obviously needs a lobotomy.

I may have to start my own insurgency over here for the good of the country.... 

Chicago: Watching in horror. 
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #3633
So Trump steams into the Brexit argument and backs Johnson for PM. Could Trump have miscalculated? Could his intervention backfire, and far from giving more credibility to a hard Brexit actually turn people off the idea? He's not a popular guy in the UK and if I'd voted leave I would now be alarmed at thinking I was on the same side as Trump. Rich B?

Reply #3634
So Trump steams into the Brexit argument and backs Johnson for PM. Could Trump have miscalculated? Could his intervention backfire, and far from giving more credibility to a hard Brexit actually turn people off the idea? He's not a popular guy in the UK and if I'd voted leave I would now be alarmed at thinking I was on the same side as Trump. Rich B?

Of course not silly!
There is a correlation between voting Leave and supporting Trump. There is also a correlation between supporting Leave and Climate Change Deniers. Not a perfect link, but if you voted Leave then you are more likely to support the orange or disbelieve in climate change. Probably also a fair chance you believe in a Flat Earth and unicorns too.

Reply #3635
RichB has lost the argument that brexit could benefit the country in any way.

So his only argument left is “but we won the referendum”.

Which is selfish and pretty sad. He’d rather see the UK be socially & economically worse off. Just because “we won the referendum”.
Moan moan f*cking moan
Anyone requiring chinning form an orderly queue

Reply #3637
Call it moaning all you like, but it's right. You're selfish, as you winge "but we won the referendum" as you make the country worse.
May be selfish but I can spell whinge.

So my vote has doomed the country. Wow, what next.....

Reply #3638
May be selfish but I can spell whinge.

So my vote has doomed the country. Wow, what next.....

Seriously? A spelling mistake... aren't you the clever one.

And yes, your vote is going to make this country worse off. If you want to use the phrase 'doomed' be my guest. Thats your choice.
But we are going to be worse off. In fact we are already, at the millions spent on trying to figure it out (answer, it can't) and the wasted opportunities of fixing the NHS, or improving education all gone because too many people are working on Sisyphean project. So well done. We are now weaker. Down to you and the likes of you.

Reply #3640
Seriously? A spelling mistake... aren't you the clever one.

And yes, your vote is going to make this country worse off. If you want to use the phrase 'doomed' be my guest. Thats your choice.
But we are going to be worse off. In fact we are already, at the millions spent on trying to figure it out (answer, it can't) and the wasted opportunities of fixing the NHS, or improving education all gone because too many people are working on Sisyphean project. So well done. We are now weaker. Down to you and the likes of you.
Doomed, we are doomed.

Reply #3641

A type of American voted Trump in part to destroy any state-provided healthcare. A type of Brit voted Brexit in part to save state-provided healthcare.
What they have in common is wanting a validation for their dislike of teh foreignz.

Reply #3643
By your selfishness, yes we probably are for quite a long time if this sh!t goes ahead. But still, blue passports eh?
Love the way you have singled me out for the blame.  Do you approach strangers in the street and demand to know which way they voted and if for Brexit demand to know what their plans are?

Reply #3644
Love the way you have singled me out for the blame.  Do you approach strangers in the street and demand to know which way they voted and if for Brexit demand to know what their plans are?

Seriously? Course I don't. But if it comes up in conversation with someone and they wanted to talk about it thenI would.

But yes, I blame you and all the other selfish racists.