Skip to main content
Topic: What's amusing me today (Read 298301 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What's amusing me today

Reply #5805
I agree with you in principle. In principle. Can they fine them though? I'm all for fining Spurs for being crap, both at football and building.

They should fine both clubs a year's turnover just for they, and their fans, wasting everyone's time.

I'm absolutely sure they have the powers to do that.

Reply #5806

It's good that a publicly-funded body spends resources on what is just a bit of petty inter-club rivalry.

I blame the layers. Always.

I guess the ASA can’t just say ‘oh f*ck off’ when a complaint may gain profile. So they handled it as efficiently as they could.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #5807
I blame the layers. Always.

I guess the ASA can’t just say ‘oh f*ck off’ when a complaint may gain profile. So they handled it as efficiently as they could.

No I'm sure you're right. If the complaint fits the criteria, they have to investigate.

I blame all the layers too.

Reply #5808
We need a department for "oh f*ck off", and also a department to "punch you in the face", in government. It's these sort of innovations that make me unfit for office.

Fair play to the arsenal fan there, that's actual Dave Gorman levels of belligerent piss taking. Also - technically correct. Benefit advertised, not delivered on. There should be a clamp down on this sort of thing*.

*Statements like this could be referred to the department for oh f*ck off, or the department for punch you in the face. It's just vacuous, pointless, attention seeking, and offers nothing. Like forwarding a picture of a poppy, or pretty much everything Boris Johnson has ever said or done.  A bit more punching them in the face would definitely have raised the standards in public life in the last few years.

Reply #5809
Parents at a girls' hockey match. They are ridiculous.

My daughter attends a prestigious, but relatively small, independent school. The type that values individuals' personal development over, say, whether the A team in that year wins every game.

Daughter has only been playing hockey for 2+ years but she's now a regular (defender) in the A team. It's fair to say she is still learning and has a lot to learn. She's pretty handy in defence though, despite that.

The parents are nearly slitting their wrists every time the A team loses. These are 12 yr olds FFS.

The parents  stand on the sideline balling at some girls to no effect every week.  They literally have no idea about coaching or development. "Come on" they shout, and "tackle".

I do a lot of biting my lip, especially when the dad with obvious issues balls out his daughter (a proper athlete and the best all round player in her year) in the middle of the game, causing her to dissolve into tears and sub  herself off.

It's an absolute joke. The girls do pretty well despite it. If the parents were serious they would offer their undoubted coaching expertise and organise extra practice, take the girls to watch the 1st XI etc. But no. They'd rather play out their frustrated ambition on the side of an astro pitch shouting at some pre pubescent kids.

They have no idea how ridiculous the whole thing is. There were even grandparents down there today barking instructions at children they'd never set eyes on before.

Luckily daughter seems mature enough to ignore this bollocks , but less confident kids might not.

Reply #5810
  They literally have no idea about coaching or development. "Come on" they shout, and "tackle".

Are they Forest fans? In the Clough stand v Norwich, a bloke nearby repeatedly shouted “Get the football”. That’s the kind of incisive coaching we’ve been lacking in recent years.

Reply #5811
Are they Forest fans? In the Clough stand v Norwich, a bloke nearby repeatedly shouted “Get the football”. That’s the kind of incisive coaching we’ve been lacking in recent years.

COME ON!

Reply #5812
I'm sure I've mentioned before, but one of the things I enjoy, when playing in game, is partridge style coaching tips. Players are implored to be better, run faster, and not be c*nts. The short player who watches the ball soar over his head is encouraged to be taller. If beaten I will often cry out painfully "he moved!".

This incisive understanding of the game confers upon me the status of team leader ("Emperor mong").

It's a funny old game Saint.