Skip to main content
Topic: Travel Thread (Read 14350 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Travel Thread

Reply #31

Considering Hawaii for honeymoon. Looks a bit pricey but also f*cking amazing. Anyone been?

I concur with Rich's assessment, although I wouldn't compare Hawaii to Mauritius or the Seychelles - while you can do the whole idyllic tropical island thing, I don't think that's the point of Hawaii. Hawaii is about its incredible iconic history, it's about renting a camper and going to watch guys surfing at dawn and sunrise in 15 foot high barrels, it's about drinking in Honolulu, it's about the weird mishmash of American and tropical culture.

It's a brilliant place, but it is a really f*cking long way away.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #32
I like the idea of renting a van! Accommodation is EXPENSIVE, a van would be fun and cut down on the cost for a few nights. Then could stay in nice hotel.

Reply #33
Everything is expensive in Hawaii. Getting there, sleeping somewhere, eating, drinking, the lot. Budget to spend a lot of money.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #34

We went to the Maldives, it was incredible, I recommend that.

Seconded. By far and away the most mind-blowing holiday I've had. A different world...no cars (on the island I was on hakura hura hura since you ask!), glass floored water bungalow with lionfish, octopus and a myriad of tropical multicoloured sea life buzzing about. Amazing food, drink, water plane to get there. Everything so completely different to back home. Would recommend in a heartbeat - and our holiday only cost the equivalent of a week on a cruise-ship.
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #35
I'm going on holiday on Monday. I wont say where in case mental ex - formerly of this parish and whom still rings Mrs Rave every day abusively - still tunes in. Although she's probably hacked our e-mails already.

Reply #36
Every day? She-it.

Reply #37
Yep, every day. Mentalist and I split (2006) after which she spent 4 years with the next bloke (an IT expert who taught her how to 'access her accounts when she's forgotten the password' which helped her hack all of our accounts)- who then discovered the court cases, the phone calls etc...He paid her 30k to get out of his life / house. She then got together almost immediately (funny that) with some fringe theatre director (but made abusive calls to the new partner of her ex until she found out the new partner was a copper). The abusive calls to Mrs Rave continued. New bloke made a couple too until our solicitor presented him with an injunction at which point he shat his pants and realised that any potential access to the West End had just ended. Eventually he had enough. It seems mentalist's pathetic attempt at suicide in the toilet at The Royal Free Hampstead (which got her sectioned for 4 weeks, but somehow she STILL managed to make abusive calls to Mrs Rave whilst there) did it for him. When she came out she f*cked off to Crete twice and had a fling with a barman and barmaid to get a roof over her head before trying to get the director back. He met someone else and got engaged within 3 months - probably to get away from her - so mentalist seduced his writing partner (classy guy) and now apparently runs a pub with him in Woking. But she still rings Mrs Rave, every day. And will continue to do so for ever as the CPS don't give a sh!t.

Reply #38
Confused? You will be, after this episode of whatever it was called. Soap?

Reply #39
If Ross Kemp could make an appearance in this story I'd tune in.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #40
I guess I'm oversimplifying, but can't Mrs Rave just block her number?

Reply #41
Answer's obvious hun, ditch current Mrs Rave and get back with mentalist.

And just a point of clarification - was the Cretian barman and barmaid at the same time, or separate rooves?

More seriously, given some of the sh!t that seems to go to court it amazes me that stuff like this is just brushed aside.

Reply #42

I guess I'm oversimplifying, but can't Mrs Rave just block her number?

Or why not simply pay someone to make the problem go away, quite cheap nowadays so I hear...
Anyone requiring chinning form an orderly queue

Reply #43
Maybe she's just a bit misunderstood and really a very nice person once you get past all the potentially devastatingly harmful consequencess of wholly unwarranted victictive psychosis and  murderdeathkill stuff.

Also - and I'm sure I'm not the first to wonder - is she fit?
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #44
Gumtree her number into the stone age. Then she'll get the message.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.