Skip to main content
Topic: Mundane Journeys (Read 51531 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Mundane Journeys

Reply #31
LHR to JFK. Again.

Reply #32
Mountsorrel to Shardlow or thereabouts today, via rivers Soar and Trent and the Trent and Mersey canal.

Reply #33
JFK - LHR

The last cross Atlantic trip for at least 4 months. Wooo hooooo.

Reply #34
A trip to Middlesbrough tomorrow.

Reply #35
I'm driving to Pwllhelli from London on Friday.  Looking at the map the driving directions are taking me way north and round the top of Wales.  I imagine cutting out the mountains.  I've not driven there before but if any of you have would a more direct route but such a nightmare?

Reply #36

I'm driving to Pwllhelli from London on Friday.  Looking at the map the driving directions are taking me way north and round the top of Wales.  I imagine cutting out the mountains.  I've not driven there before but if any of you have would a more direct route but such a nightmare?

Motorway to Shrewsbury, A5 from there, take a left.

Reply #37
What the freaky eyed one said.
King of the c*nts.

Reply #38
Ta, the direct route is about 40 miles less but I had visions of narrow winding windswept peaks and zig-zagging back and forth. 

Reply #39
LTN - LCA tomorrow morning.

I know! Me, at Luton airport. What is the world coming too?

Reply #40
YOW-CLT-FLL.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

Reply #41
Just back from a long weekend in Barcelona (well a few days in Barcelona, and a day in Sitges - which has to be one of the prettiest, chilled-out and relaxed places I have been to in Spain, although there was a LOT of spanish natives there due to the San Juan festivities. It also has a thriving gay quarter a la Brighton, although I am not exactly qualified to speak of the welcome to tourists in those particular establishments).

Anyway the mundane journey bit, is coming back via Barcelona T2 to EMA. Terminal 2 is now a complete dump since the big airlines (Iberia, BA, Emirates) relocated to the sw@nky new T1, leaving just the Ryanair's and Wizzair's of this world flying from there. Presumably, as the airport doesn't consider people who bought their flight for 99p to be interested in buying any designer jewellery (or even eating a McDonalds), most of the airside shops are effectively boarded up.

Still would thoroughly recommend the tip to Barcelona/Sitges to anyone, as it is so easy to get to that whole Catalan coast area. If anyone knows anywhere similar (ie. cheap flights from UK, easy and quick bus/rail transfer to quaint seaside town) then I'd be interested in knowing, now that I have time on my hands etc...
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #42
Similar really, but as a kid I used to go just up the coast from Barca to Aigua Blava and Tamariu that whole area is beautiful and well worth a visit.

You can fly to Bar or Girona to go.

Reply #43

Just back from a long weekend in Barcelona (well a few days in Barcelona, and a day in Sitges - which has to be one of the prettiest, chilled-out and relaxed places I have been to in Spain, although there was a LOT of spanish natives there due to the San Juan festivities. It also has a thriving gay quarter a la Brighton, although I am not exactly qualified to speak of the welcome to tourists in those particular establishments).

Os as the tabloids might put it:

"DaveM, recently separated from his wife, escaped to Spain and was spotted cruising the streets of the notorious gay town of Sitges."

Reply #44

Os as the tabloids might put it:

"DaveM, recently separated from his wife, escaped to Spain and was spotted cruising the streets of the notorious gay town of Sitges."

Yep, I have Max Clifford on the case as we speak....
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to