Skip to main content
Topic: Foody thread. (Read 12012 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Foody thread.

Reply #1
Made this last week, but slow cooked rather than in the oven. Also, being a tinkerer, added a handful of fresh mint to the blender.

To. Die. For.
King of the c*nts.

Reply #2
It's the wife's birthday today and I have decided to make her a chocolate and pistachio cake with raspberries, from a Nigella book. Have only ever made one cake before in my life, but that turned out OK. Plan B is to go to Tesco this afternoon and buy a Spongebob Squarepants one.

Reply #3
Buy a boob one from Tesco, all women love boob shaped cakes

Reply #4
Just the thread.  I have some cooking apples and want to make an apple pie, something I've never done.  Any pastry recipes are gratefull accepted, the easier the better.

Reply #5

It's the wife's birthday today and I have decided to make her a chocolate and pistachio cake with raspberries, from a Nigella book. Have only ever made one cake before in my life, but that turned out OK. Plan B is to go to Tesco this afternoon and buy a Spongebob Squarepants one.

Not sure how this is going to turn out. Misread recipe and added a bit of egg white when it was supposed to be all yolks. Hopefully the cake won't notice although I'm worried it could end up like scrambled egg or something. Too late to do anything about it now - no time and no more ingredients. It's in the oven so will be able to update you all in about 30 mins.

Reply #6

Just the thread.  I have some cooking apples and want to make an apple pie, something I've never done.  Any pastry recipes are gratefull accepted, the easier the better.

I just use ready made pastry, it's a lot less faffing and generally pretty good.

Reply #7
I can't wait for Charlie's update. Is there a live web stream?

Reply #8

I can't wait for Charlie's update. Is there a live web stream?

Sorry for the delay, but it's looking good! Am letting it cool now and will ice it later this afternoon. As others have thought from time to time, I am indeed a masterbaker.

Reply #10
I'd tweek it by taking out the tofu and putting in some beef.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #11

Sorry for the delay, but it's looking good! Am letting it cool now and will ice it later this afternoon. As others have thought from time to time, I am indeed a masterbaker.

Icing doesn't seem right but the cake still looks the business with its raspberries perched on top like erect nipples. Will report back tomorrow re whether it tastes any good.

Reply #12

I made a Salt & Chilli Tofu the other night, wasn't bad, a bit too sweet, need to tweak the recipe a bit, will post it when i have it down.

I'd be interested to see it, I'm doing quite a bit of Chinese at the moment and that sounds interesting. I don't know if I posted this on the old board or not, but this * is pretty good. Mr Wan might be an insufferable tit, but his cookery program I thought was quite good.

*Ingo will be pleased to know I substitute the beef with Quorn "Steak" strips.

Reply #13
garf, now the missus has gone surely you can set about a good steak without having to feel guilty about it?
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

Reply #14

garf, now the missus has gone surely you can set about a good steak without having to feel guilty about it?

Afraid not, I was a veggie a long while before Mrs Garf came on the scene, in fact in our last divorce she cited my vegetarianism as one of my "unreasonable behaviours"  (despite the fact that when we met and for most of our married life she was a card carrying veggie as well)!