Skip to main content
Topic: What's pleasing me today (Read 289758 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What's pleasing me today

Reply #4875
His personal experience - from his posts is extremely emotional and if what he wrote is true - not disbelieving him as such, then he has a genuine beef against the British Army. All I asked is if he condemned the IRA as well

Why would I lie? The question I want the answer to is why do you think I should answer your question? What has it to do with my original post other than allowing you to try and excuse the killing of unarmed civilians by conflating them with the IRA?

Reply #4877
Plus the Walshes. Bomber etc

Reply #4878
His personal experience - from his posts is extremely emotional and if what he wrote is true - not disbelieving him as such, then he has a genuine beef against the British Army. All I asked is if he condemned the IRA as well

I am British (I don’t consider myself just English which I am) but it doesn’t mean I am proud of some of their (The British army), behaviour in Northern Ireland.  My late step father was a soldier there and his hatred for the IRA and his mistrust of the locals set him up with some personal confrontations that had unforeseen consequences.  Obviously in latter life he regretted it but never really got into why he was shot only that it wasn’t a military operation.

Markus is against all violence.  It’s pretty obvious from his post.  He just understands that in war no-one is the good guy and his family were caught in it and he wanted it to end. 

There is a book that he recommended (I think it was him), called “Say nothing”.  I highly suggest you read it. 

There is no black and white in this world.  Anyone who perpetrates violence for a cause where innocents are injured or killed should be condemned.  

Although I find it amusing that nowadays (unless he moved) he lives in Glasgow which is known for it’s aggro... The anarchist! 

Chicago: Walking between shades.

PS: I am not sure this thread is pleasing me though..

If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #4879
The sub-plot of Donny attempting to convince Rich B that they're real life buddies is the real gem here.

Reply #4880
I condemn violence from anyone that costs innocent people their lives. My Great Grandad fought the British because they were evicted and starved by them and we're refused ownership of land they grew up on. The modern IRA are just thugs and gangster's. The early IRA fought for Catholics to have the right to land and jobs. I certainly don't condone using violence randomly such as bombing recklessly to make a point. That's why I have no time for the Hong Kong demonstraters who petrol bomb and loot. That's not protest but thuggery.

Reply #4881
Why would I lie? The question I want the answer to is why do you think I should answer your question? What has it to do with my original post other than allowing you to try and excuse the killing of unarmed civilians by conflating them with the IRA?
Didn’t say you were lying but distort what I wrote anyway. You don’t have to answer anything but surely a yes or no or I condemn all acts of violence would have sufficed.
Signature removed due to a serious lack of sense of humour on a site which used to pride itself on irreverent humour.

Reply #4882
The sub-plot of Donny attempting to convince Rich B that they're real life buddies is the real gem here.
I just knew Rich from my younger days but I have met him at many grounds in later life.

Reply #4883
Serious question and answer or not makes no difference but where did the report come from detailing how the army shot them?
Signature removed due to a serious lack of sense of humour on a site which used to pride itself on irreverent humour.

Reply #4885
I condemn violence from anyone that costs innocent people their lives. My Great Grandad fought the British because they were evicted and starved by them and we're refused ownership of land they grew up on. The modern IRA are just thugs and gangster's. The early IRA fought for Catholics to have the right to land and jobs. I certainly don't condone using violence randomly such as bombing recklessly to make a point. That's why I have no time for the Hong Kong demonstraters who petrol bomb and loot. That's not protest but thuggery.

The pro democracy marches in Hong Kong are generally the opposite.  They demonstrators haven’t hurt anyone.  China and the H.K. government have sent in thugs to hurt the threat to Chinese power with guns and weapons.   The Chinese are cnuts and it’s not even the same situation.  It will he though if the Chinese army move in.  I wonder if made up Donny watches the news at all?   Jeff have a word!

Britain should take back the colony!!!! (Joke...)

Chicago: Getting dragged in.

If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #4887
The pro democracy marches in Hong Kong are generally the opposite.  They demonstrators haven’t hurt anyone.  China and the H.K. government have sent in thugs to hurt the threat to Chinese power with guns and weapons.   The Chinese are cnuts and it’s not even the same situation.  It will he though if the Chinese army move in.  I wonder if made up Donny watches the news at all?   Jeff have a word!

Britain should take back the colony!!!! (Joke...)

Chicago: Getting dragged in.

https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/11/18/asia/hong-kong-protests-polyu-intl-hnk/index.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQCKAE%3D#aoh=15753838846495&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2019%2F11%2F18%2Fasia%2Fhong-kong-protests-polyu-intl-hnk%2Findex.html

Reply #4888
Plus the tree huggers used violence as did the yellow vests. All looted and destroyed properties.

Reply #4889
Did you read the article?

Asking for a friend...

Chicago: Holed up.