Skip to main content
Topic: What's pleasing me today (Read 281169 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What's pleasing me today

Reply #4830
I asked a perfectly reasonable (loaded) question.

He is on his high horse refusing to condemn the IRA Corbyn fashion and you stick your nose in once againranting about nothing in particular still ignoring the very simple question I asked.

Snap to my agenda you silly little man? behave yourself, you’re really not as important as you think you are.
Signature removed due to a serious lack of sense of humour on a site which used to pride itself on irreverent humour.

Reply #4831
Some classic seeing other people in your own light there, old fruit.

Nobody as far as I can see, has refused to condemn terrorism of any sort, you raging moron. Your high horse-ism in this is deeply offensive, especially given your views on terrorising citizens of this country.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #4832

He is on his high horse refusing to condemn the IRA Corbyn fashion and you stick your nose in once againranting about nothing in particular still ignoring the very simple question I asked.

Snap to my agenda you silly little man? behave yourself, you’re really not as important as you think you are.

Load of bollocks as you well know. I generally refrain from abusing you because I don't like to descend to your depths, but you really are a narrow-minded goon.

Where have I failed to condemn terrorism? Just like any good idiot you reach straight for whataboutery and try to twist the argument to suit your bigoted ideology. You're a moron, and were caught out being a moron on a topic you know f*ck all about. As with most topics it seems.

Reply #4833

Did you?

Trust you equally condemn the soldiers and innocents murdered by the IRA....

Really? Why would anyone condemn the innocents and soldiers who *were* murdered? 
Maybe you meant that KM should condemn the IRA as they murdered innocents?

Once again, you show an inaccuracy with the basics of the English language. I think this is the 3rd or 4th time. It makes it difficult to know (a) what you mean when you write your stuff and (b) whether you actually understand what other people are writing.

If so, this might explain a lot.

You must care what people think as you spend your valuable time posting on here when you could be spending all your money. I’m sure you are not that ignorant. But if you are to be an annoying mosquito and keyboard warrior, then at least try and be accurate.

It’s obviously important to you because you took the time to correct KM on his spelling of no-nothing [sic].

Reply #4834
Load of bollocks as you well know. I generally refrain from abusing you because I don't like to descend to your depths, but you really are a narrow-minded goon.

Where have I failed to condemn terrorism? Just like any good idiot you reach straight for whataboutery and try to twist the argument to suit your bigoted ideology. You're a moron, and were caught out being a moron on a topic you know f*ck all about. As with most topics it seems.
My depths of abuse? Ye Gods, I am abused in nigh on every post by Tricky and numerous others. I am vilified for having an opinion which doesn’t suit the hive collectives and am consistently labelled moron, idiot ( various sorts thereof) racist, traitor and any others I can’t recall. I now have Guru studiously checking each and every post so he can pull me up on grammar.

This latest eruption has come to be simply because I asked if you equally condemned the IRA, and despite your protestations and abuse of me in the last 3 or 4 posts on this thread you still haven’t done so.
Signature removed due to a serious lack of sense of humour on a site which used to pride itself on irreverent humour.

Reply #4835
My depths of abuse? Ye Gods, I am abused in nigh on every post by Tricky and numerous others. I am vilified for having an opinion which doesn’t suit the hive collectives and am consistently labelled moron, idiot ( various sorts thereof) racist, traitor and any others I can’t recall. I now have Guru studiously checking each and every post so he can pull me up on grammar.

This latest eruption has come to be simply because I asked if you equally condemned the IRA, and despite your protestations and abuse of me in the last 3 or 4 posts on this thread you still haven’t done so.

Technically, I’m pulling you up on syntax as opposed to grammar. Either way, I hope it’s leading to more diligence in how you express yourself.

For what it is worth, I don’t agree with some of your political and societal views. I particularly do not like the way you choose to express them and am unconvinced that you have the necessary factbase with which to support them.

None of this is hive collective, it’s my background as a research and development guy who generates concepts and communicates data on a daily basis.  These things are equally important to me when it comes to discussions about politics and society, particularly over the last 5 years when facts, truth and expertise appear to be disposable commodities.

Talkback has evolved, thanks to tricky, KM and many others, from a football based message board in the late 90’s into a community where many folk have spent time together away from games. It’s not hive collective, it’s friendship.

If you are going to be outspoken on issues that generate passion and emotion, I would politely suggest that your views are well researched and well articulated.

Then you might get abused slightly less than you are now.

Reply #4836
Technically, I’m pulling you up on syntax as opposed to grammar. Either way, I hope it’s leading to more diligence in how you express yourself.

For what it is worth, I don’t agree with some of your political and societal views. I particularly do not like the way you choose to express them and am unconvinced that you have the necessary factbase with which to support them.

None of this is hive collective, it’s my background as a research and development guy who generates concepts and communicates data on a daily basis.  These things are equally important to me when it comes to discussions about politics and society, particularly over the last 5 years when facts, truth and expertise appear to be disposable commodities.

Talkback has evolved, thanks to tricky, KM and many others, from a football based message board in the late 90’s into a community where many folk have spent time together away from games. It’s not hive collective, it’s friendship.

If you are going to be outspoken on issues that generate passion and emotion, I would politely suggest that your views are well researched and well articulated.

Then you might get abused slightly less than you are now.
Well done. You have managed to respond to me in a courteous - somewhat patronising and condescending manner, without resorting to the ritual and habitual abuse issued by others. A pleasant change I might add.

The abuse doesn’t bother me as it says more about them than me.

Oh, and when the whole hive collective / friendship group rally together and abuse one person it’s actually called bullying which I thought you lefties were vehemently opposed to.......

Reply #4837
It's not bullying old fruit, it's a bunch of individuals not being persuaded by your thin and unsustainable arguments, responding to your nasty, patronising, and offensive behaviour, in kind.

Of course you probably don't see your behaviour and the things that you say as offensive, but they are to a wide range of people, and that you can't take it in return, says everything about how you think.

Reply #4838

For the sake of facts, something to which you generally do not subscribe unless they are processed by a right-wing propaganda mill, I'll give you the following:

Thomas Aquinas Burns, more affectionately known as  Tommy by his family and friends, was shot and fatally injured by the British Army in the early hours of the 13th of July 1972.  The incident happened when he was attempting to leave a social club to go home in Glenview Street, in the republican Bone district of Oldpark, North Belfast.

Tommy was aged 32 when he was murdered, working full time with four young children; Stephen was 11 years old, Patricia was 6, John, 4 and the baby of the family, Martin, was only 3 years old.

Kathleen never spoke about what happened the night  Tommy was killed; she was not able to, partly because of the consequences of lies told by British soldiers and the media about  Tommy being a gunman.

Tommy was the first one at the door, ready to leave, followed closely by Malachy, Noel and Jim. A British Army post was situated close to the Glenpark Social Club at the junction of Louisa Street with Glenpark Street, and it was equipped with an intense arc light, which was on at the time they wanted to leave. It was custom to shout down to the British soldiers manning it to turn it off, because loyalist gunmen used the light to shoot at the customers leaving the club. It was British soldiers’ custom to switch it off when requested. Tommy shouted down to the British soldiers so that the young men could proceed in safety to get round home.  The light stayed on. He shouted again a minute later, but the light still stayed on. After another couple of minutes, he leaned out of the shelter of the club, and again requested. As he did so, one of the British soldiers fired two gunshots and one of them struck  Tommy in the chest.

Maintaining contact with the family and involving them in the investigation is a clear duty under case law arising from Article 2 ECHR.  The Burns family were left completely uninformed of what investigation was undertaken and what progress may have been made. No police officer ever knocked on their door, and all they heard up until the inquest almost a year later was what the media reported; that is, that their loved one was a gunman and he was shooting at the British soldiers the night he was killed.  The deliberate peddling of lies and misinformation by the authorities in order to try and justify what was a totally unjustified and unjustifiable killing of an unarmed civilian is to be deplored. Despite being common practice, this has, as again in so many instances for families, added insult to injury and served only to intensify the long grief of the Burns family. Although his relatives knew that was not true, labelling  Tommy in this way still haunts the family decades on.

A lot of this information is completely new to us and only became known by my Uncle's family in the the last year or so. My mother was brought to tears reading the full report as it revived memories long suppressed, and one of the pictures shows her as a sixteen year old attending her brother's wedding - a photo none of us knew existed.

And what is your first response to this? A pathetic attempt to try and make me out as a terrorist sympathiser. You really are a nasty piece of work RichB. The only time I've ever seen you genuinely rattled is when someone criticised your parents. How did that feel?

Reply #4839
FFS stop digging. As horrific as the above was I simply asked if you condemned the IRA as well.

You still haven't.

As for slagging my parents off then please feel free to do it - to my face...

Reply #4840
It's not bullying old fruit, it's a bunch of individuals not being persuaded by your thin and unsustainable arguments, responding to your nasty, patronising, and offensive behaviour, in kind.

Of course you probably don't see your behaviour and the things that you say as offensive, but they are to a wide range of people, and that you can't take it in return, says everything about how you think.
Course I can take it you irksome little man

Reply #4841
FFS stop digging. As horrific as the above was I simply asked if you condemned the IRA as well.

You still haven't.

...and has been respectfully explained to you, you have no right to expect the courtesy of an answer to your enquiries, because you have not extended that courtesy to others.

You're just a xenophobic axe grinding monkey, doing the bidding of your social programming.  An agent of unrest, disruption, division, and hatred.  A terrorist sympathiser.

Reply #4842
Terrorist sympathiser? I have condemned all terrorists if you care to read previous posts instead of just gobbing off your usual bollocks.

Good insulting by the way.

PS all he had / has to do is say yes..

Reply #4843
Cheers for posting that KM, done a fair bit of reading since my visit. Madness to think the conditions people lived in.
Official Talkback Matchday Thread Starter and all round nice guy.

#neversurrendertojimruss

Reply #4844
Terrorist sympathiser? I have condemned all terrorists if you care to read previous posts instead of just gobbing off your usual bollocks.

Good insulting by the way.

PS all he had / has to do is say yes..

You are a xenophobe, othering sections of society, to cause division and fear, at the behest of the most successful peacetime terrorist action ever perpetrated against the citizens of the UK. An action that will result in the largest drop in prosperity and security, and loss of rights, while causing serious uncertainty and possibly disorder. It's causing thousands of deaths, and decimating the economy and productive working population.

I know what you think you are doing, but you are as wrong about that as about so many other things.