Skip to main content
Topic: What's pleasing me today (Read 222465 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What's pleasing me today

Reply #3840
And the speed of turnover is only increasing Billies I was the last to do two seasons and no-one's even completed one season since his first sacking in 2011.

🤤

You can see the reason for our continued success right there.

Reply #3841
I'm loving this England game without all the idiot fans in the ground.  None of the Croatians there either.

Reply #3842
What a terrific obituary.

m.legacy.com/obituaries/delawareonline/obituary.aspx?n=rick-stein&pid=190409566&referrer=0&preview=True

Reply #3843
This is a terrific game of football to watch.

Reply #3844
Spain are abysmal in defence though. What is going on?

Reply #3845
The only way to stop UEFA/FIFA from overloading us with these bloody stupid international weekends is to not encourage them by watching.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #3846
Another one of Tommy Robinson’s nonce army being sent down:
https://www.farrightw@tch.net/2018/10/peter-gilletts-dirty-secret-as-yet.html

(f*ck knows why this link wants to convert the first a into an @...

Oh, because T W A T)

Reply #3847
Much as I find it hard to get excited about these friendlies, this England side look like they can get a lot out of playing together as often as possible. They seem to like each other, and their manager and what he asks them to do, and genuinely enjoy turning out for England . Brilliant. It's what soccerfootie is supposed to be about.

If they fall short (like getting knocked out in a world cup semi, FFS) then who cares? Nice to see an England team actually enjoying it. Makes you want to follow their progress, after all the dour teams of the last 20 years.

And presumably they're all buoyed up by the royal wedding and baby news.
Presumably.

Reply #3848
Much as I find it hard to get excited about these friendlies, this England side look like they can get a lot out of playing together as often as possible.

Not actually a friendly, is it? I thought they'd invented this Nations League thing so we didn't have to disrupt club seasons by playing bullsh!t pointless friendlies any more, and can instead do so by playing bullsh!t pointless pretend competitive matches.

I have even less interest in watching a bunch of Spurs and Leicester reserves play these idiot games than I do in watching Forest reserves play stupid cup competitions.

Reply #3850
Not actually a friendly, is it? I thought they'd invented this Nations League thing so we didn't have to disrupt club seasons by playing bullsh!t pointless friendlies any more, and can instead do so by playing bullsh!t pointless pretend competitive matches.

I have even less interest in watching a bunch of Spurs and Leicester reserves play these idiot games than I do in watching Forest reserves play stupid cup competitions.

Go and watch your ice hockey then.

Reply #3851
Go and watch your ice hockey then.

I would but it's not on until 7:30.

I am annoyed at having no Forest to watch because of endless interminable international runouts for Premier League reserves for purposes that no one can identify. I reserve the right to continue to be so.

Reply #3852
I love international representative football. There's more than enough Stoke versus West Brom....or Burnley versus Watford in the program for me. Nice to have something where the country can pull together.  We're going to need to practice that. It's going to be important when we have rationing again.

Reply #3853
You've just watched 90 minutes of Eric f*cking Dier. That makes Stoke v West Brom sound like a smorgasbord of footballing joy.

Anyway, I didn't say that international weekends are bollocks because they mean no Stoke v West Brom, I said they're bollocks because they mean no Forest. International football is for the summer.

Reply #3854
It's not often that you are right on footballing matters, but you are wrong again.