Skip to main content
Topic: What's pleasing me today (Read 332112 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What's pleasing me today

Reply #4860
I also served in the Royal Navy, my family knew this and I have had very little bother when going to Mayo.

Reply #4861
Not fake Rich, he has a monument in Balla and he was my Great Grandad Brother. He has a stand named after him in Croke Park. My family still live in County Mayo just down the road.
I meant you. However, you state you met me once at a match. Which ground was it?
Sorry if my patriotism offends you. Trust me your lack of spine offends me more

Reply #4862
It's no use Donny. RichB is too infested with his English superiority complex to ever admit that England did anything wrong in Northern Ireland. He believes that some people are inferior to him.
Jeez. You certainly know how to make major assumptions from a few posts dude.

All I asked is do you condemn the IRA as well..

Reply #4863

I havent had a fight in over 30 years and hopefully won't ever again so I'm not quite the knuckle dragger you want to believe I am

You've read your own signature under your posts, right?

Reply #4864
That was in response to a post by someone on here ages and was made in jest.

Reply #4865
I meant you. However, you state you met me once at a match. Which ground was it?
Rich I have met you loads of times at games. I used to live near you as well when I was younger.you are a few years older than me about three or years. You knew my mates Howard and Chris Somerfield. Chris unfortunately was killed.

Reply #4866
It's no use Donny. RichB is too infested with his English superiority complex to ever admit that England did anything wrong in Northern Ireland. He believes that some people are inferior to him.

In fairness to RichB the history taught in schools is one of English exceptionalism, with no scratching below the surface of triumphalism. I strongly doubt that a man of his limited intellectual curiosity is even aware of the sorts of stunts that the british pulled (predominantly english establishment class) to gain an advantage in the world order. You know crimes against humanity, endemic establishment racism, class superiority, demonisation of minorities.  Traditional english values. He's probably not aware that these sort of things are now outside international law, and we lack the reach to achieve them even if we thought it desirable to do so. We know this because he seems totally unaware that the world has changed, and idiotically believes that the route to future prosperity is isolationism.

It's a level of venal privilege and stupidity that beggars belief, even ignoring the impracticability of restoring this sort of world order.

I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #4867
By all means get cross and angry but it was a simple question

I’ll do polite and patronising again as that seemed to work. It was not a simple question as it was very badly constructed.

KM actually gave you a perfectly reasonable answer together with his personal experience.

Either way, I suggest you let this one go now. I’m assuming your knowledge of Irish history is rudimentary compared to some on here.

Reply #4868
Rich I have met you loads of times at games. I used to live near you as well when I was younger.you are a few years older than me about three or years. You knew my mates Howard and Chris Somerfield. Chris unfortunately was killed.
So where did I live...

Reply #4869
I’ll do polite and patronising again as that seemed to work. It was not a simple question as it was very badly constructed.

KM actually gave you a perfectly reasonable answer together with his personal experience.

Either way, I suggest you let this one go now. I’m assuming your knowledge of Irish history is rudimentary compared to some on here.
His personal experience - from his posts is extremely emotional and if what he wrote is true - not disbelieving him as such, then he has a genuine beef against the British Army. All I asked is if he condemned the IRA as well

Reply #4873
I left that area bout forty four years ago.

Reply #4874
Frinton was your road I think. I lived on Westliegh rd.
Wrong. Nowhere near. Woodfield Rd