Skip to main content
Topic: What's pleasing me today (Read 289753 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What's pleasing me today

Reply #4817
Well, I didn't get home from work until after midnight, then stayed up watching the test until they took tea at 02.40. Maybe with wine.

I always think the England players perform better when they take wine with their tea...

Reply #4818
Same here now unfortunately. I genuinely am delighted if I'm still asleep at 7am. It feels like a lie-in.

I have never lost the knack of gong back to sleep.  Most of the time, on a day off, I'll wake at whatever time I've had to be up that week, look at the clock and easily drop off to sleep for another hour or two.

Reply #4819
I could do that if there wasn't a little human grabbing my feet
Jeff is an c*nt. 3 games without a win. #blameJeff

Reply #4820
Ms noodlé has insomnia so 7am is a hard limit on sleeptime, and sometimes the cats actually let me make it that far.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #4821
Woke up at 12.30 today. Only 1 cat snuggled up against me though.
Allez la Maison Du Merde

Reply #4822
Both pleasing and unsettling me today. Two of my cousins in Northern Ireland tracked down the children of our Uncle who was murdered by the British Army in 1972. They sent us a report that had been produced on the killing of their father and it's actually quite heartbreaking.

As my mother has always told me, not one member of her family ever joined the IRA or supported them in any way, but in the report there is a copy of a letter sent to his widow telling her that her husband's funeral had the potential to cause unrest, and dictated how the funeral would progress.

My mother told me that she clearly remembers hearing a British soldier saying "another Fenian b@stard dead" as they passed with the coffin.

We haven't had any contact with this part of the family for as long as I've lived, so on the plus side I've gained four new cousins in an already extended family.

Reply #4823
Trust you equally condemn the soldiers and innocents murdered by the IRA....
Signature removed due to a serious lack of sense of humour on a site which used to pride itself on irreverent humour.

Reply #4825
Trust you equally condemn the soldiers and innocents murdered by the IRA....

And just to prove what a no-nothing, knuckle-headed moron you really are, I'll point out to you that my uncle was a serving member of the Royal Navy on shore leave when he was shot. A braver man than you ever were with your sneering contemptible, vacuous racism.

Reply #4826
Oh for f*cks sake get off your high horse you sanctimonious tosser. It was a simple question requiring a yes or no answer.

It doesn’t matter what your uncle did for a living or how brave he was, he - nor anyone else, deserve to be killed by terrorists whatever their religion, creed, nationality, purpose, colour or reason.

I condemn all terrorism no matter what their reasons are, seems you only condemn some.

Oh, and it’s “know nothing” not “no nothing”
Signature removed due to a serious lack of sense of humour on a site which used to pride itself on irreverent humour.

Reply #4827
Oh for f*cks sake get off your high horse you sanctimonious tosser. It was a simple question requiring a yes or no answer.

It doesn’t matter what your uncle did for a living or how brave he was, he - nor anyone else, deserve to be killed by terrorists whatever their religion, creed, nationality, purpose, colour or reason.

I condemn all terrorism no matter what their reasons are, seems you only condemn some.

Oh, and it’s “know nothing” not “no nothing”

I'm quite happy on my high horse thank you. I'm more of a man than you are with your racist and bigoted garbage.

Reply #4828
I'm quite happy on my high horse thank you. I'm more of a man than you are with your racist and bigoted garbage.
All these words and still not condemned the IRA. Now who’s bigoted??

More of a man than me? behave yourself matey it’s not a willy measuring contest.

Reply #4829
All these words and still not condemned the IRA. Now who’s bigoted??

More of a man than me? behave yourself matey it’s not a willy measuring contest.
You really are a piece of sh!t with this garbage.

Nobody has to snap to your agenda of what they should say, and when.  For a massive range of reasons.  Not least that you have demonstrated no aptitide or courtesy to argue in a reasonable or fair way.

That things appear in a certain way in your head, and that you cannot reason your way around them and understand the ways in which most people are legitimately different, speaks volumes for you and you narrow moronic outlook.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.