Topic: What's pleasing me today (Read 295793 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What's pleasing me today

Reply #4800
Enjoy it. It won't last.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #4801
Enjoy it. It won't last.

I'm anything but a power user - email, web, Word, Excel, Powerpoint are the limit of my technical requirements. Portability on the other hand is very important and it scores very well there.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #4802
They have a bit of a tendency to slow down over time, have heating issues, and the keyboards tend to break.

The laptop market is a bit of an expensive mess these days.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #4803
I'm anything but a power user - email, web, Word, Excel, Powerpoint are the limit of my technical requirements. Portability on the other hand is very important and it scores very well there.

As a counter to Tricky, Mrs KM has one and she's a fan
 Her requirements are much the same as yours and she's had it for a couple of years now.

Reply #4804
They have a bit of a tendency to slow down over time, have heating issues, and the keyboards tend to break.

The laptop market is a bit of an expensive mess these days.

I have heard the heating thing, apparently the version I have (6) and onwards improved significantly in that area. Speed and keyboard I know nothing about. I have a mechanical keyboard and mouse in the office, so that will hopefully help things a little.

It's a bloody small screen though. It may accelerate the purchase of reading glasses that I have been trying to avoid.

Reply #4805

It's a bloody small screen though. It may accelerate the purchase of reading glasses that I have been trying to avoid.

Oh get some. They're great. I didn't know Excel wasn't supposed to be fuzzy until I got my readers.

Reply #4806
Oh get some. They're great. I didn't know Excel wasn't supposed to be fuzzy until I got my readers.

It's an admission of my advancing years and deteriorating physical capabilities that I'm not yet ready to come to terms with.

Reply #4808
Yeah, but face furniture. Great.

I have expensive sunglasses for that. They're a designer accessory rather than a testament to my failing body, so they're cool.

Reply #4809
An extremely pleasurable Toronto evening with Mr and Mrs Russ, in a bar called Reds (geddit?) drinking beer, wine and cocktails. And talking about important  stuff....

Reply #4810
An extremely pleasurable Toronto evening with Mr and Mrs Russ, in a bar called Reds (geddit?) drinking beer, wine and cocktails. And talking about important  stuff....

Fun times. Don't feel desperately alert this morning though.

Reply #4811
Nope...slow progress

Reply #4812
Today is the first of 4 days off (after 10 consecutive and somewhat gruelling days at work). Woke up just before noon with both cats snuggled up against me. Absolute f*cking bliss.
A Moeenaphobe who is slowly turning into Donny. Allegedly.

Reply #4813
Woke up just before noon...

That is impressive sleeping. My brain is hard-wired to wake me up at 6am every day, and doesn't deviate for weekends. I suspect I have Little Miss BW's legacy to thank. She is worth it fortunately.

Reply #4814
Same here now unfortunately. I genuinely am delighted if I'm still asleep at 7am. It feels like a lie-in.
Jeff is an c*nt. 3 games without a win. #blameJeff