Topic: What's pleasing me today (Read 225701 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What's pleasing me today

Reply #3976
Football League in "sensible approach" shocker
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #3977
The FA Cup. It's fantastic.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #3978
I'm playing golf this morning. The course is a good one and the weather is set fair.

I haven't played since April and I will almost certainly be sh!t.

Reply #3979
No more bullsh!t international weekends for three months. I honestly don't know why people were remotely excited about today's game, how can you have excitement when the outcome is meaningless?

Oh no, we're going to be relegated! (To where?) Ooh, we're going to be in the semi-final! (Of what?)

International football is disappearing up its own arse rapidly.

Reply #3980
I honestly don't know why people were remotely excited about today's game,

Because we played well against a good team showing a pleasing progression from the summer?

I would also have been more excited this weekend if we'd been playing Ipswich or Preston, but as far as bullsh!t meaningless internationals go, this was far more fun than last week's against the US.

Reply #3981
Also, you could tell it meant something to the Croatians, definitely in the second half. The England players were getting under their skin towards the end, and employing all the time-wasting tactics the Croatians would have used, like Kyle Walker lying on the ground getting someone to stretch his hamstring and so on. It was good to piss them off I think,

Reply #3982
No more bullsh!t international weekends for three months. I honestly don't know why people were remotely excited about today's game, how can you have excitement when the outcome is meaningless?

Oh no, we're going to be relegated! (To where?) Ooh, we're going to be in the semi-final! (Of what?)

International football is disappearing up its own arse rapidly.

Well I went up there with my son and his friend and they really enjoyed it.  They were excited to see players like the bloke who plays in Germany, they enjoyed the atmosphere and the result.

Made a change from watching relatively skill-less players at Forest lose in a sh!tty ill-tempered atmosphere at the City Ground.  That is his typical football experience.

I will be sure to tell him that he was wrong to enjoy it!

Reply #3983
Well. I'm sorry. but as an Englishman it pleases me very much to see our national team playing with such good form these days. Long may it continue.

Reply #3984
Woo hoo, we're in the semi final of the Zenith Data Systems Cup of international football!

International football belongs in the summer.

Reply #3985
That's when they're playing it.

Reply #3986
That's when they're playing it.

They're playing it through the domestic season. They were getting sh!t for the amount of pointless sh!t friendlies they were scheduling in the regular season, so they literally invented a competition and said "there, look, now they're not friendlies, oh and BTW there are more of them". f*ck UEFA, f*ck the national team and f*ck this idiot "competition".

Reply #3987
Having a good day Russ?

Reply #3988
Woo hoo, we're in the semi final of the Zenith Data Systems Cup of international football!

I have rather fond memories of the Zenith Data Systems Cup. That 4-3 win over Everton in 1989 was my first trip to Wembley - still got the commemorative scarf at home somewhere.

Reply #3989
They're playing it through the domestic season. They were getting sh!t for the amount of pointless sh!t friendlies they were scheduling in the regular season, so they literally invented a competition and said "there, look, now they're not friendlies, oh and BTW there are more of them". f*ck UEFA, f*ck the national team and f*ck this idiot "competition".

Well I went up there with my son and his friend and they really enjoyed it.  They were excited to see players like the bloke who plays in Germany, they enjoyed the atmosphere and the result.

Made a change from watching relatively skill-less players at Forest lose in a sh!tty ill-tempered atmosphere at the City Ground.  That is his typical football experience.

I will be sure to tell him that he was wrong to enjoy it!

Dear oh dear, Russ. Your ability to froth about these things shows no signs of abating with age. Are you detoxing or something? How come you are so annoyed about it.

I’m with JRC on this. As I mentioned earlier, in terms of quality and atmosphere, it was a really good match. It’s an exciting young England team who have now beaten Spain away and Croatia at home. All the teams are putting out decent strength sides and taking it fairly seriously.

Wembley was almost full, the Croatian fans were excellent and actually it was exactly was international football should be about. Friendly banter without the stupid intensity of “No surrender” and the trashing of foreign bars.