Skip to main content
Topic: The World Cup....of eggs and ovoids (Read 7166 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The World Cup....of eggs and ovoids

Reply #150
having read all the stuff in the papers about England being magnificent, only Wales stand in the way of them and a Grand Slam, blablabla, I'm delighted. Read the BBC report, comment in it about how England's Grand Slam dreams are over, and nothing about Wales still being on for their own Grand Slam.

Quite.

Reply #151
I had England to get 60 points against Italy today.  They came up short, by three points.  The annoying rugby buggers.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #152
The Six Nations nations have been offered £100M per nation to allow the people who run Formula 1 to run the Six Nations.

This almost certainly means it will no longer been on free to air TV.

The Nations are in varying degrees of poverty, despite all the money sloshing around in rugby, so they will probably go for it. But taking the Six Nations off free to air TV will be a disaster for getting joe public to take an interest in a minority sport.

That's sport, nowadays.

Reply #153
The Six Nations nations have been offered £100M per nation to allow the people who run Formula 1 to run the Six Nations.

This almost certainly means it will no longer been on free to air TV.

The Nations are in varying degrees of poverty, despite all the money sloshing around in rugby, so they will probably go for it. But taking the Six Nations off free to air TV will be a disaster for getting joe public to take an interest in a minority sport.

That's sport, nowadays.

Yep. Cricket.

Reply #154
England are making Ireland look quite sh!t.

Reply #156
Bloodgate, punching people, blindsiding them, biting off ears.

Of course rugby buggers cheat. They cheat every bit as much as footballers do. They will be found to cheat more, the higher the stakes raise, and the more scrutiny they are under.

It's just exceptionalism, and deference to posh tw@ts, that presumes that they are above societies natural demographic bell curve, just by dint of a predilection for their biscuits on the soggy side, and "smooth operator" on MTV being a call to dance on tables with their trousers around their ankles.

The vile w@nkers.

It's only because their game is sh!t, and nobody really cares, that this truth is less widely known.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #157
So Nigel Wray’s got two former champions relegated.