Skip to main content

Poll

I'll add a poll to support my post then. Who is your player of the season?

Darlow
[ 1 ] (2.6%)
Jara Reyes
[ 0 ] (0%)
Coho
[ 6 ] (15.4%)
d)
[ 4 ] (10.3%)
Halford
[ 2 ] (5.1%)
Raddi
[ 2 ] (5.1%)
Gueddy
[ 9 ] (23.1%)
McGoogle
[ 0 ] (0%)
Sharp
[ 0 ] (0%)
Cox
[ 0 ] (0%)
Blacksocks
[ 0 ] (0%)
Reid
[ 11 ] (28.2%)
Mugabe
[ 2 ] (5.1%)
Collins
[ 1 ] (2.6%)
Some other odd choice like Alan Hutton..
[ 1 ] (2.6%)
Ward
[ 0 ] (0%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Topic: Player of the season (Read 2841 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Player of the season

Reply #15
Lloyd, I don't know what your wife is banging on about, you a clearly a stand out chap.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #16
In her defence she is a mental.

Reply #17
It was a choice between Reidy, Guedi and Radi.  I picked Radi, but it was really a close call.

Reply #18

It was a choice between Reidy, Guedi and Radi.  I picked Radi, but it was really a close call.

Piss off, Welchy.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #19
I thought Gillet was supposed to be the "glue". Or did O'Driscoll mean he would be melted down for glue? Or is it a euphemism for "he's sh!t but he makes up the numbers"?

I thought he looked quite handy early on in the year, but there we go.

Reply #21
I voted Gueddy....mainly to give Ingo a reason to keep donkeying me.

Radi's not been 'on' enough over the course of the season, Reidy has had a lot of ball, and looked the closest to our main man - but when he's bad, he's awful, and the standard of delivery has, generally, been abso-f*cking-lutely woeful (if Reidy never takes another corner again, it's too soon for me). Gueddy has been the heartbeat of the side this year, and probably the most consistent player (that we actually own).

....nobody has had a consistently fantastic season, and that's part of why we are mediocre at the moment. Can we not give the award to Fawaz and make him all dewy eyed and determined to spend big this summer?

Reply #22
I too voted for Gueddy (largely for same reasons as Tricky, plus the bonus of Ingo-baiting).  Angela and Cox have also impressed me, but Angela wasn't fit until Xmas (not his fault), and Cox, though still contributing, hasn't actually scored a goal in months - just think back to how he started!

Hall-e-bloody-lujah!  He's gone, so I can start giving a sh*t again

Reply #23
I couldn't vote for Billy, so went for Mugabe as the nearest thing.
Your Greggs, we're going to burn down your Greggs, we're going to burn down your Greggs....

Reply #24
Cox has got to score goals if he wants to be a striker. He looked sharp when he started off but he's looked like a goalshy tryhard since then. We've had plenty of those and they generally don't last long.

I agreed Guediora is our best player, but his redcards have cost us critical points and for that he should not be awarded.

It's been a strange season. The difficulty with the PoS award illustrates the problem well.

I'd be quite happy to see the back of Collins, Harding, Gillet, McGugan, Sharp, Hutchinson when the season ends, particularly if some pace, width and quality can be brought in.

Reply #25
I voted Cohen because while Geddy and Reid have had their moments, they are too inconsistant. Reid has had a quite a few games where he has done SFA and Geddy's reds have been costly. Also Geddy tries the spectacular far too often when a pas would be better.

Reply #26

I voted Cohen because while Geddy and Reid have had their moments, they are too inconsistant. Reid has had a quite a few games where he has done SFA and Geddy's reds have been costly. Also Geddy tries the spectacular far too often when a pas would be better.

I like this argument. Also, in the absence of an outstanding candidate, giving the award to someone who has been the most consistent performer and hard-worker for the last 6 seasons is pretty appealing.

Reply #27

I voted Gueddy....mainly to give Ingo a reason to keep donkeying me.

It's not my fault you spout a constant stream of bilge now is it? Anyway Donkey Kong keeps clobbering me as well.

Reply #28
How many times has Geddy been sent off this season? He was red carded at Palace but we scraped a point thanks to a late equaliser.
We're all off to beat the Wolves,
Aitor Karanka!

Reply #29
Wasn't he sent off in his first or second game after coming back from suspension too?  I think his red at Palace was one of his first appearances after injury and he missed a chunk of the season due to the African Nations Cup too.  He may win if it's "Player of the games he played in during the season" but it isn't.