Skip to main content
Topic: FIFA (Read 11488 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: FIFA

Reply #15
The Qatar World Cup should be played in the winter, says a Fifa committee.

The Chief Executive of the EPL is "extremely disappointed" by this. Given that he isn't calling for Qatar to be abandoned altogether, that must mean he wants a summer Qatar World Cup. So - what is he concerned about? Is it the welfare of players, and supporters, going to a summer world cup? Or is it the EPL's income streams?

Answers on a postcard.

Reply #16
Certainly not the hundreds of immigrant workers killed building the stadia. It shouldn't be in Qatar full stop.

Reply #17

Certainly not the hundreds of immigrant workers killed building the stadia. It shouldn't be in Qatar full stop.

All that is a given.

Reply #18
FIFA - hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Reply #19
I had a rabbit called FIFI when I was a kid. She had a great deal more integrity, gumption and love of football than this lot.

Reply #20
As long as they are selling cold beer in Qatar then don't worry about the fans keeping cool.
Qatar paid the FIFA hierarchy good (under-the-table) cash for the World Cup rights & promised they had stadia that could enable a summer event. Nobody within FIFA, or in the football world generally, has either the desire, or the balls, to call Blatter out for the corrupt French git he is; so let's give in gracefully and just make sure we don't get a bleeding Nov./Dec. tournament. Period!

Reply #21
I think GasMan has decided to shake things up on this board! All power to you, GasMan!

Reply #22
Is it worth having a couple of quid on Qatar to win it? Could they buy that too?

Reply #23
I reckon they might be able to buy their way into the semis, but even they might think it was too improbable to 'qualify' for the final.

Reply #24
Isn't this in 2022?  Seven years.  Plenty of time for it to become irrelevant.

Reply #25

Isn't this in 2022?  Seven years.  Plenty of time for it to become irrelevant.

My money is on the lawsuits being a lot more exciting than the tournament....even if it actually gets played.

Reply #26
Russia are getting off lightly in all this.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #28
We've told them that we are very disappointed about Ukraine - you can't seriously expect us to be miffed about this as well?? That is just going too far

Reply #29

We've told them that we are very disappointed about Ukraine - you can't seriously expect us to be miffed about this as well?? That is just going too far

On the flip side, Russia had the winter olympics last year. Surely that's enough of a global endorsement, even for Putin? If he wants more, he can always invade Kazakhstan in time for the 2022 winter olympics and claim them for Russia.