Skip to main content
Topic: Them there t'other clubs (Read 585961 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Them there t'other clubs

Reply #10171
Was sure Rooney was going to score that free kick at the end.

Reply #10172
Cracking piece in The Athletic (paywall) about ‘Big Picture’ and the establishment of a breakway powerbase, led by the American financiers, in the PL.

As a relatively neutral fan of the PL, I love having those clubs around. As a Forest fan, they can’t f*ck off and form a Euroleague soon enough.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #10173
Obviously it's great because it's the red scouse filth, but that VAR offside decision is laughable.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #10174
Obviously it's great because it's the red scouse filth, but that VAR offside decision is laughable.
I think you now just have to go with it from a VAR perspective. A bit like NFL...marginal decisions, super slow-mo etc.

Reply #10175
Except it's absolute arbitrary bollocks. Like the live match officials decisions, only much, much, slower.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #10176

Offside by his elbow? Can you be offside by your arm?

I can't see how anyone can think VAR is benefiting the game as currently applied.

Rule should be "follow the official's decision unless a clear error has been made". Anything in line would not be a clear error.

Reply #10177
Offside by his elbow? Can you be offside by your arm?

Is the answer to that still ‘no’? I’m sure it only used to count for parts of the body you’re allowed to play the ball with. But they keep tw@tting about with the rules so I’m not sure any more.

I think some sort of ‘umpires call’ margin of error should be tried. I’m sure there are good arguments against that though. The umpires are all f*cking useless, for starters.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #10178
Is the answer to that still ‘no’? I’m sure it only used to count for parts of the body you’re allowed to play the ball with. But they keep tw@tting about with the rules so I’m not sure any more.

I think some sort of ‘umpires call’ margin of error should be tried. I’m sure there are good arguments against that though. The umpires are all f*cking useless, for starters.

In baseball reviews, there is the clear missed call which is overturned, the clearly correct call, and the 'too close to call' where they stick with the original decision, a bit like umpires call in cricket I guess. I'd guess that we're too far in, and UEFA too exceptionalist, to now consider looking at how other sports do it better.

Reply #10179

Also the assault by Pickford on Van Dijk.

I’m no fan of VAR, but that is what it’s for. Yet they do t use it or even worse decided the tackle was fair.

Sheer incompetence week after week.

Reply #10180
So the scouse c*nts got a couple of shockers for once. f*cking diddums.

Meanwhile - Rooney a doubt for Friday along with the rest of the team?
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/18/wayne-rooney-seething-after-visit-from-friend-who-later-tested-covid-19-positive
Forest are tragic on and off the field.

Reply #10181
So the scouse c*nts got a couple of shockers for once. f*cking diddums.

Meanwhile - Rooney a doubt for Friday along with the rest of the team?
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/18/wayne-rooney-seething-after-visit-from-friend-who-later-tested-covid-19-positive

Crikey. I know folk in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, but they are a fcuking mess at the moment.

Is anyone aware what the rules are around fulfilling fixtures if a number of players are Covid isolating? Likely to affect Forest at some point.

Reply #10182
Crikey. I know folk in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, but they are a fcuking mess at the moment.

Is anyone aware what the rules are around fulfilling fixtures if a number of players are Covid isolating? Likely to affect Forest at some point.

Well in the league cup Spurs got a bye at the expense of Leyton Orient.

Reply #10183
I believe it’s fulfil where possible, otherwise a 3-0 defeat. But a few games have been postponed with no decision as yet.

Reply #10184
Aren’t we playing d*rby next Friday?

I will take the 3-0 win as it will be the biggest win of the season for us as we cannot really score for toffee.

Chicago:  Looking for the positives.
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.