Skip to main content
Topic: Them there t'other clubs (Read 412062 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Them there t'other clubs

Reply #6795
Blackpool have been put into receivership by order of the High Court so that they can be sold and the proceeds given to the sketchy Russian bloke who's owed a bunch of money by the sketchy British blokes.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #6796
At least that can never happen to us as we are the mighty Nottingham Forest.

Reply #6797
Results went relatively well for us tonight.

Reply #6798
Results went relatively well for us tonight.

Indeed, although why would you care if we don't have "a hope in hell" of making the playoffs?

Reply #6799
Indeed, although why would you care if we don't have "a hope in hell" of making the playoffs?

I desperately hope I'm wrong of course. I'd rather Forest get promoted than 'win' a discussion with some guy in Canada on the internet.

Reply #6800
I desperately hope I'm wrong of course. I'd rather Forest get promoted than 'win' a discussion with some guy in Canada on the internet.

Quite. Likewise my view on O'Neill.

Reply #6802
Since when was shteve McLaren at QPR? Had no idea.

Reply #6804
Sorry for the Mail link, but how unsurprising is this?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-6713003/Help-avoid-Emiliano-Sala-payment-Cardiff-seek-Premier-League-clubs-advice.html

Makes you wonder if Cardiff had insurance after all.

Maybe they'd not got him added to their policy yet. I'd assume clubs have a single policy to insure all players against death by plane-knack, but that insurers require those players to be named and valued individually. I can easily see that being something that gets sorted out after a transfer. 15m is a heavy price to pay for not being super-prompt with the admin. But it is, nonetheless, the price.

If it helps at all, expensive South American forwards who are willing to sign for clubs like Cardiff usually turn out to be rubbish. So the transfer fee was probably already wasted, but they're not going to be on the hook for his wages. So the outcome for Cardiff (if not the player and his family) probably could have been worse.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #6805
Dodgy transfer dealings and Colin. Who'd have thunk it?

Reply #6806
If it helps at all, expensive South American forwards who are willing to sign for clubs like Cardiff usually turn out to be rubbish. So the transfer fee was probably already wasted, but they're not going to be on the hook for his wages. So the outcome for Cardiff (if not the player and his family) probably could have been worse.

I doubleplus dare you to post that somewhere other than Talkback.

Reply #6808
DT takes the chance to put the boot in on Billiez, amongst many others:
Everything’s a little too cosy in football’s game of family fortunes
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/feb/17/everythings-a-little-too-cosy-in-footballs-game-of-family-fortunes
He was sat behind me in the away end at Deepdale yesterday. DT, not Billies, obvs. He'd have been too busy in his home-editing studio/waiting for the call from a top-six club for his next appointment.

Reply #6809
DT takes the chance to put the boot in on Billiez, amongst many others:

Everything’s a little too cosy in football’s game of family fortunes

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/feb/17/everythings-a-little-too-cosy-in-footballs-game-of-family-fortunes

He'll only have himself to blame when he gets banned again after Marinakis, inevitably, goes back to Davies.