Skip to main content
Topic: What's annoying me today (Read 317332 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What's annoying me today

Reply #6285
Did your answer involve explaining the difference between a newspaper and a hot plasma fusion producing white dwarf star?

Reply #6286
On Saturday night, I had to do the old man thing of taking off my glasses to read my phone's screen.

In my (eyes) defence, it was about 11pm outside in the dark as I was trying to identify stars. And, as it turned out, Mercury. Which I then had to enlighten one of the group about whether it orbited us or we orbited it...

Mercury orbits us, clearly.

Reply #6287
HMRC are particularly irritating me today. I'm trying to pay my VAT return and can't get into my online account so I've had to call them. The voice maze is horrible; I thought they'd been done away with and replaced by options and entering numbers using the keypad. Not in HMRC world. Trying to get it to accept my VAT number was helped, I think, by the loud "f*ck me" just before I tried for the fourth time.
And don't even start me on their website. Searching for registering to pay VAT online takes you to a help page, which is fine. However, the page explains that you have to register, but nowhere on the page is there a link to take you to the relevant place.

c*nts.

Reply #6288
Having spent half an hour on hold, I had the person on the other end of the phone walk me through the process, at the end of which I got back to the screen which told me that I have "not added anything to this account". I've been told to wait a couple of hours and try again.
I really want to pay my tax, but they are not making it easy.

Reply #6289
You can pay mine if you like instead, I'll PM you my gateway log in.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #6291
Past experience has taught me to shy away from willy waving contests, the trophy cabinet is very bare.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #6292
Divorce / break ups are annoying me. Son #3 phoned tonight to say that he and his wife of 11 months are probably separating. This comes hard on the heels of son #1 breaking up with his wife of about 14 years. Son #1 has three children. It all looks like a right mess to me, although I expect and hope it will all come out in the wash.

Reply #6293
Mock The Week repeatedly employing Angela Barnes. Obviously the no all male panel ruling is a good thing. Unfortunately whereas the likes of Katherine Ryan, Ellie Taylor and Sara Pascoe have gone on to better things no one else wants to employ Angela (bar Radio 4s Newsjack) so she is available every week.
Just. Not. That. Funny.

Reply #6294
Mock The Week repeatedly employing Angela Barnes. Obviously the no all male panel ruling is a good thing. Unfortunately whereas the likes of Katherine Ryan, Ellie Taylor and Sara Pascoe have gone on to better things no one else wants to employ Angela (bar Radio 4s Newsjack) so she is available every week.
Just. Not. That. Funny.

I've never heard of her but every time I've watched that show, Andy Parsons has been on it. I won't entertain the idea that she's less funny than he is. So their old 'compulsory all male panel' policy wasn't exactly a winner.

(I haven't watched it for a very very long time)
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #6295
There are many things I don't miss about the UK, but I don't miss Andy Parsons more than most other things.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #6296
Andy Parsons left MTW a couple of years ago. I didn't mind him on the show. Russell Howard was far more annoying. I also happened to find myself sat next to Andy Parsons down the Arts Club one night many years ago. We had a nice chat about cricket.

Reply #6297
Do people still watch MTW? Not sure I've seen an episode since Frankie Boyle left a couple of years ago.

Reply #6298
I do and I think I'm a person.

Reply #6299
Do people still watch MTW? Not sure I've seen an episode since Frankie Boyle left a couple of years ago.

A couple of years ago? I think you might be surprised how long ago that was, probably nearer to 10.