Skip to main content
Topic: What's annoying me today (Read 540330 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What's annoying me today

Reply #8370
Watford could be three goals up here. f*ckers

They'll get 3 points from somewhere before May, surely. Naarch are nearly over the line. Although they do have the dirty cheating foxw@nking counts today.Talking of which, I note that some of those lifelong Leicester fans since 2016 who all seemed to get back in their boxes twelve months later are starting to creep out of the woodwork again.

Probably ditched their new Spurs shirts by now.
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #8371
Things to hate about modern football, that aren't VAR.

Keepers getting, or pretending they have, cramp.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #8372
Finished work early around 3.30pm. Just getting off the tram at Clifton to head home when I realise I left a bag under my desk with last-minute presents in it which I bought at lunchtime.

Back we go...

Reply #8373
We're not on Council Sky today. As I don't steal television it's looking like the radio for me.

Next two games are.
It's bacterial. It's a virus. It's Russian.

Reply #8374
f*cking overnight road closures, the b@stards. And my stupid, f*cking decision to have dinner and then travel to other end of the country.

Reply #8375
Thurso?
It's bacterial. It's a virus. It's Russian.

Reply #8376
Was planning to have my one day of the week working from home tomorrow, but Mrs Russ has one of her friends staying over and has decided to put her in the guest suite (which is where my home office is) rather than the guest room (which doubles as her office). As a result, I now have to come into the office tomorrow, all because my home office is much tidier than hers.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #8377
Let that be a lesson to you. That couldn't happen to me.

Reply #8380
Slack. I have just joined a professional body that uses Slack as its primary communication tool, and it is a huge pile of unituitive stupidity. I've spent my entire career working in the communications and collaboration industry, so if it doesn't make sense to me how the hell is it supposed to engage the average non-technical bod?

Reply #8381
I further concur. My own home office is currently undergoing renovation, which entails chucking out huge quantities of cable that I've finally accepted I'll never find a use for.

I can confidently predict at least two uses for the binned cables will arise within a week of throwing them out,.

Reply #8382
Slack. I have just joined a professional body that uses Slack as its primary communication tool, and it is a huge pile of unituitive stupidity. I've spent my entire career working in the communications and collaboration industry, so if it doesn't make sense to me how the hell is it supposed to engage the average non-technical bod?
 Interested in what your requirements are for a good system, and what you have used that you like.

I'm very seriously considering enabling a collaboration environment and tools for talkback, including a collaboration and web publishing environment, as well as micro-blogging. I can be decide whether to replace the forum format with that, or maintain it.

The rationale being I don't see is surviving in just a forum format for much longer... But we might produce some interesting stuff if we could, say, edit a match thread and publish it as a webpage and a micro-blog.

... Or we might just die out.

... But I've been looking at things like rocket.chat, riot.im, and nextcloud chat, with Pico CMS and pleroma.social for publishing.

Would be interested to know what tools and features you think we might need for collaborating on longer form stuff.

Reply #8383
Interested in what your requirements are for a good system, and what you have used that you like.

I'm very seriously considering enabling a collaboration environment and tools for talkback, including a collaboration and web publishing environment, as well as micro-blogging. I can be decide whether to replace the forum format with that, or maintain it.

The rationale being I don't see is surviving in just a forum format for much longer... But we might produce some interesting stuff if we could, say, edit a match thread and publish it as a webpage and a micro-blog.

... Or we might just die out.

... But I've been looking at things like rocket.chat, riot.im, and nextcloud chat, with Pico CMS and pleroma.social for publishing.

Would be interested to know what tools and features you think we might need for collaborating on longer form stuff.

My experience is primarily with corporate apps that have the price tag to match, so I'm not sure how much help I can be.

For me, a modern workplace collaboration tool should allow me to start in any single medium, and escalate to include others. For example, I should be able to pick up the phone and call someone, and then mid-call click a button on the voice app to launch an accompanying video stream, or to share a document. Or I might start with a chat and go from there to a call. All of this should be captured in a stream that I can edit post communication, or leave as a record of the engagement.

Slack looks more like Discord, but with an even less helpful interface. At first examination it's not much more than glorified IRC with a Fisher Price GUI. The best collaboration tool I've used, although it still pains me to say it given I spent so long competing with it, is Microsoft Teams. It's not perfect, but it's just so easy to pick up, understand and use.

Reply #8384
I like Slack, I find it amazing for collaboration, it can do all of your requirements, but I guess it isn't that intuitive, it's definitely more aimed at scrum teams rather than non-technical.