Skip to main content
Topic: What's annoying me today (Read 317847 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: What's annoying me today

Reply #6750
I dot ha ton every single email when I sign off my name, always MArk.

I am forever signing emails off "Many Tanks", ideal if I worked in armaments, not so useful for clothing.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #6751
My real name is Gary; I'm forever dropping the r. Judging by how hilarious many customers find this; they really should get out more.

Reply #6752
Email: "Time to celebrate - it's your 14 year Nectarversary". f*ck the f*ck off.

Someone in marketing must have come up with that term. It must have gone through some sort of review. Possibly some market research. And then they ran it....mind-boggling isn’t it?

I am curious though: how does one celebrate a 14 year nectarversary?

Reply #6753
Someone in marketing must have come up with that term. It must have gone through some sort of review. Possibly some market research. And then they ran it....mind-boggling isn’t it?

I am curious though: how does one celebrate a 14 year nectarversary?

"That's right, you’ve been collecting with Nectar for 14 years now – that's amazing! Have some fun with our Facebook camera effects at the bottom of this email, and just tap your screen to change effects ready to share."

I've tried tapping the screen of this laptop but all I've done is put smudged fingerprints on it, so not sure why they wanted me to.

Reply #6754
You've been bumming the dead for 14 years?
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #6755
I initially thought that "nectar" was the 14th Anniversary[1] (you know, like paper, gold, silver), and my mind was boggling at the thought of how one might celebrate that.
I note, with some interest, that wikipedia does not list a named 14 th anniversary for the UK.  Although traditionally, it seems, that for the Yanks it's "Ivory".  Awkward.

Reply #6756
A sign of getting older I think. I started doing that a couple of years ago; I suspect it's because my fingers don't react to my brain as quickly as they used to...

Adjust the adjustment thingy. There's an adjustment thingy.

Reply #6758
I appear to have torn muscles in my shoulder, and rendered it almost useless. It hurts, and it's itchy...front and back (and a bit at the side).

Reply #6759
An independent assessor sent to take a look at our new laminate floor, which has creaked and bounced constantly since going in a couple of months ago, has concluded that while the fitting appears to have been done excellently (not by me), the boards are faulty and the whole lot needs to come up.

I've now got the fun of arranging a full refund with the flooring firm (who managed to f*ck-up our stair carpet too, which also now needs to be removed) and trying to find somewhere else which can supply and fit before Christmas for around the same price.

Cnuts.

Reply #6760
Got this random message from unknown source earlier

It’s James from match, I’m actually 24 not 32, is that an issue for you?

Sent back this, it's not been read yet.

Dunno mate but my name's Mark and I'm 48 and just seen England lose at Twickenham.  Think you mate have wrong number.

Reply #6761
Jim, you need to be more subtle now you have a kid.,

Reply #6762
Like I've got time to send a text at the moment, nevermind meet JR in the toilets at Euston.

Reply #6763
Being a new parent is all about finding those moments of saying “we seem to be a bit low on cardamom pods, I’ll just pop out and get some”

Reply #6764
Trying to download 30GB of Google Drive.

Finally got Google to zip about 5GB without failing, and its now downloading those 5GB in 7 parts.

Google Drive File Stream is a load of w@nk. What was wrong with Google Sync? c*nts got rid of it. Google Drive File Stream - will download the folders, all 7000 of them. But it won't download a single f*cking file.

Is One Drive the same?