Skip to main content
Topic: Or 'Cricket' ? 'Howzat!' maybe? JimShady is a bellend.  (Read 172896 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Or 'Cricket' ? 'Howzat!' maybe? JimShady is a bellend.

Reply #3285
Not the first time we've seen them unsure of how to play when chasing on a wicket with a bit in it for the bowlers.
Boy am I going to look even more stupid than usual when we romp to a 3-0 win.

Reply #3286
As a casual cricket fan, I'm pretty happy we've made the final and am enjoying the game. Can't say I'll be gutted if we don't win.

Reply #3287
It's looking a bit rabbit in the headlights. You could have almost nurdled your way to this total at the start. It's almost like they've forgotten all the one day cricket lessons they've learned over the past, almost, four years.

Reply #3288
*parrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp*

Reply #3289
f*cking sh!t

Reply #3291
Without a big opening partnership platform the batting suddenly contrives to look suspect. Still, was always going to be tough getting away with losing the toss 2 games running.

Reply #3292
Again, English sport embarrassing itself when it most matters

Reply #3293
Sky have England with a 51% chance of winning. Betfair odds have NZ at 61%. I know who I think is more realistic.

Reply #3294
Do England think this is a test? Playing for a draw?

Reply #3295
I don't think we're going to win .... But I don't think we're doing terribly. We need a Butler and Stokes to stay at the wicket for 30-40 minutes. If they do, we'll be up nearer 160 and it starts to look more achievable.

Reply #3296
General formula is double your score at 30 overs. If we do that it'll be bloody close!

Reply #3298
These two are doing fine. The toughest bowler has been seen off and they’re noodling enough runs that they don’t have to do anything silly.

Stay in touch and give yourselves some margin for error when the gear change is required. NZ have done this to others. They’re good at it. They’re ahead, but with a power win off the table, England are probably only one wicket worse than ‘par’.

We’re going to lose, though.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #3299
If these two can get to the 40th at about 6 an over, that would leave about 75 off the last 10. We’d need, at worst, one of these plus Woakes to bat most of those 10 to get near. Can’t see it.