Skip to main content
Topic: Gardeners' World (Read 24744 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Gardeners' World

Reply #120

First-world problem, but can't decide whether to mow the lawns tomorrow for the first time this year. Feels far too early but it is getting pretty long. I'm wondering if I might get away with a short-back-and-sides on the highest blade setting.

You know they have to mow lawns in second and third world countries too? Like the USA for example.

Reply #121
Just spotted a sparrowhawk sitting on my garden fence.

Reply #122
Got any bird feeders out? You could be organising his lunch for him.

Reply #123

Got any bird feeders out? You could be organising his lunch for him.

You might have a good point - it's back again this afternoon. Will stock up bird feeders and get the camera ready.

Reply #124
You sicko. Attracting small birds to your garden just so they can be lunch for a raptor.

Reply #125
How has the Johnson story has even made it to this thread?

Maybe it needs its own thread.
It's bacterial. It's a virus. It's Russian.

Reply #126
Does anyone know of a cheap gardener looking for some work in Southwell? Nothing fancy mainly keeping on top of stuff, lots of cutting back and mowing.

Also does anyone have a petrol scarifier they are looking to sell? Lawn is turning more moss than grass so determined to sort it this summer.

Reply #127

Does anyone know of a cheap gardener looking for some work in Southwell? Nothing fancy mainly keeping on top of stuff, lots of cutting back and mowing.

Also does anyone have a petrol scarifier they are looking to sell? Lawn is turning more moss than grass so determined to sort it this summer.

Hope you have a big compost heap or recycling bin. Two blokes are currently scarifying my lawn, with unbelievable amounts of moss and thatch coming out. Will take me weeks to get rid of it. Lawn now looking like a herd of bullocks have gadded across it.

Reply #128
Parents are away (IOM TT) so I'm looking after dads plants (some beans, tomatoes and some flowers). Half of the plants are in the greenhouse. The hosepipe is about 2 meters short of the greenhouse so inside the greenhouse is a watering can. However there are lumps of hosepipe everywhere, 2 which are actually long enough to reach and he has a box full of joiners should he rather extend his preferred hose. But no, every day since April he has been using this f*cking can. It would take as much time as it does to arse about with the can as it would to fit or build one hose that would mean he could do away with the can. Are next pub argument is bound to be an utter classic.

Reply #129
So have you extended the hose for him, thus allowing him to continue using the can if that is his preference but also giving him the option of using the hose in the greenhouse?
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #130
Need to mow but can't be arsed

Going to put it off until Monday and go to the pub instead

Reply #131
I have dug up a lot of weeds today.

Reply #132

So have you extended the hose for him, thus allowing him to continue using the can if that is his preference but also giving him the option of using the hose in the greenhouse?

Have I bollocks, I sent him a sarcastic text message.

Reply #133
Madame Seán' been sorting our modest little backyard strip of jungle just recently. She didn't even go on strike halfway through or anything. I feel vaguely guilty. Ish.
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #134
My habanero plant has its first fruit. Only flowers so far on the ghost pepper plant.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do