Skip to main content
Topic: Gardeners' World (Read 22459 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Gardeners' World

Reply #420
Second bag seems to be much better for its extra two weeks, with more and larger spuds. Wonder how Rich B's are doing.

Reply #421
All of our plants are doing magnificently this year. We have 7 or 8 tomato plants, 4 habanero, 2 jalapeno, 1 chocolate scorpion, 3 red onion, 1 cucumber, and 3 marijuana.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #422
Seems you've got your tomato and marijuana stock levels the wrong way round there.

Reply #423
Seems you've got your tomato and marijuana stock levels the wrong way round there.

I don't use the stuff these days, but we were given some seeds so it seemed like a fun thing to do. We're allowed to grow up to four for personal use.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #424
The wind is playing havoc with my sweetcorn plants, a couple of them have keeled over and the rest don't look too happy. On the bright side, my courgettes are producing, the bird's eye chilies are looking good and I'm hoping we'll be inundated with beef tomatoes over the next couple of months
I wouldn't recommend being a student to anyone.....
.......except to students

Reply #425
We moved house a couple of years, to a bungalow with a big f*ck off garden that used to be allotments. We've ignored the garden for the most part as the house was a bit of a 70s time capsule inside so I've been busy plus I hate gardening.

Anyroad Mrs RC has taken on sorting out her overgrown garden (ahem) down the bottom half of the garden which we have barely visited and after trimming loads of weeds back we apparently have strawberries, blackcurrants, blackberries, a couple of apple trees, garlic,  parsley, mint, dill and bay. Mrs RC is very excited and is going to make some blackcurrant jam.

I told her jam is only a couple of quid, tops and she'll probably use more sugar and electric than that. She told me to 'f*ck off'

Which seems fair.

Reply #426
Addendum. The dill bushes are f*cked. Proper f*cked. Mrs RC didn't like the look of them and neither of us likes the taste so they've gone. There's a big pile of bushes and a couple of small trees that she didn't take a liking to.

Ruthless f*cker Mrs RC.

Reply #427
Making jam is the gateway activity to joining a Women's Institute. Next stop is a charity calendar.

Reply #428
Making jam is the gateway activity to joining a Women's Institute. Next stop is a charity calendar.

I'm not sure her language is acceptable for the WI.

Reply #429
The poppies that Little Miss BW and I planted back in March as a lockdown thing for school are finally flowering. They've made the rockery look very pretty.

Just need to Google how to harvest the opium now...