Skip to main content
Topic: Gardeners' World (Read 17148 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Gardeners' World

Reply #210
Bumper conker harvest this year.

Looks like conker sandwiches, conker curry, conker stew for the whole winter.

Reply #211
That old chestunt again: what to do with all the conkers?

Reply #212
Soup.

Reply #213
Isn't it conker tarts for people you don't like this year, or is that beetroot I'm thinking of?

Reply #214
Latest in lawn mowing news - realised yesterday that the rotary washing line is easily removed for mowing and just as easily replanted afterwards, thus making mowing approximately 3% easier.

Reply #215
Also mowing yesterday. Despite my efforts at scarifying and mosskilling a couple of weeks ago, I note that there is still a sh!t load of moss.

Reply #216
I also mowed the lawn at the weekend. There is loads of moss in it, but as we're hoping to move house it will be somebody else's problem next year.

Reply #217
We use green thumb #mossfree

(I also mowed at the weekend - hopefully the last of the year)

Reply #218
I don't mow because I no longer have a lawn. Covered half of it with a big deck and the other half we tore up and replaced with artfully arranged slabs, stones, gravel, planters and so on. Grass is sh!t.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #219
I don't mow because I no longer have a lawn. Covered half of it with a big deck and the other half we tore up and replaced with artfully arranged slabs, stones, gravel, planters and so on. Grass is sh!t.

That's roughly what I intend to do with my new (small) garden. Raised beds for veg, gravel area, maybe a water feature and some climbers around the edges. No grass, save for a small bit of artificial stuff for the dog to use.

Reply #220
That's roughly what I intend to do with my new (small) garden. Raised beds for veg, gravel area, maybe a water feature and some climbers around the edges. No grass, save for a small bit of artificial stuff for the dog to use.

We just bought big river stones, probably a couple of inches or so wide, for the dogs' area. Easy to pick up the turds and a rain shower or a blast with the hose gets rid of any odours.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #221
Unfortunately, getting rid of the grass is not an option until the little one gets older. I could get artificial grass, but it looks sh!t and I suspect that cleaning dog turd from artificial grass will be just as tedious as cleaning a floor.

Reply #222
Also mowing yesterday. Despite my efforts at scarifying and mosskilling a couple of weeks ago, I note that there is still a sh!t load of moss.

Spent two and a half hours scarifying the lawns tonight using a new tool I bought. Then reseeded the bald patches and chucked down some compost to help the seed grow in time for this weekend's rain.

It was hard work but quite satisfying - filled more than half the wheelie bin with moss and dead grass. Green Thumb coming out to do the spring treatment in a couple of weeks.

If my lawns are not looking like bowling greens in a few weeks, I'm ringing the Daily Mail immediately.

My Friday night beers are going down quicker than usual.

Reply #223
I'm still yet to give a flying f*ck what my grass looks like, I like to keep it short but that's about it. Is lawn care an age thing? I'll be 36 in May.

Reply #224
I just pay a man to sort my garden out
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to