Skip to main content
Topic: Gardeners' World (Read 22456 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Gardeners' World

Reply #407
... otherwise known as 'a pile of sh!t'.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #408
I can’t really understand the lack of bin collections in some areas, I know a few might be off sick but it can’t be hard to redeploy other council workers to work on the bin lorries. I doubt the training  takes that long.

A neighbour works for Rugby Council, he was told he could be on the bins if it came down to it. He’s avoided it so far.

Reply #409
A football friend is head bin-man for nottingham city. Head-bin man in the sense that he went to public school, sits in an office, and co-ordinates the bin activity.  He doesn't go on the bins.  I mean, he could allocate himself thusly if he would choose to.

He doesn't.

Reply #410
I can’t really understand the lack of bin collections in some areas, I know a few might be off sick but it can’t be hard to redeploy other council workers to work on the bin lorries. I doubt the training  takes that long.

Explained here by saying that social distancing means there are fewer workers on the lorries, so the collections take longer. I think.

Recycling was back on this week after a one-time hiatus. Garden paused indefinitely with a reduction in next year's fee as compensation.

Reply #411
None of that sh!t in Rushcliffe. the garbage man can, oh yes the garbage man can.
It's bacterial. It's a virus. It's Russian.

Reply #413
Hard to say.  Ours are being collected. Normal schedule.

Reply #416
Newark and Sherwood started doing their own from the start of April. Well actually, they didn't, but they intended to. Rushcliffe had done it here for at least the five preceding years.

Ahh well yes, they would be. Serves you right, the grass isn't always greener.
It's bacterial. It's a virus. It's Russian.

Reply #417
Spent effectively the entire weekend working in the garden, clocked up 20 miles over the two days, was starting to flag earlier this afternoon when one of the neighbors commented on how good the garden was looking, celebrated by spending way too much money on a fire pit.

Reply #418
Lifted some spuds today. Very disappointing. Only enough spuds for two people, from a bag containing three plants. Have researched what I have done wrong. It seems that using the wrong fertiliser may be an issue. Also, the seed potatoes were given to me and I have no way of knowing what sort they are - earlies, second earlies or main crop. I assumed the first, but they may be the last in which case I have lifted them way too soon.

Reply #419
Lifted some spuds today. Very disappointing. Only enough spuds for two people, from a bag containing three plants. Have researched what I have done wrong. It seems that using the wrong fertiliser may be an issue. Also, the seed potatoes were given to me and I have no way of knowing what sort they are - earlies, second earlies or main crop. I assumed the first, but they may be the last in which case I have lifted them way too soon.
First bag had two plants and more than enough for two people - especially if one is a pig.
Second bag had 3 plants and enough for two meals.
Two more bags to go each with three plants.
Then it’s the plants directly into the soil - around 60 plants
Sorry if my patriotism offends you. Trust me your lack of spine offends me more