Skip to main content
Topic: Gardeners' World (Read 17049 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Gardeners' World

Reply #31

I've always fancied owning a hammock.

Well, there's the Hammock Hut, that's on third. There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There, that's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.

Reply #32
I must admit to being sceptical when HM etc started this thread, what with the missing apostrophe as well as an almost cavalier disregard for the merits of the Mundane Moments thread. But now, with the apostrophe in the right place and the thread already on its third page, I take it all back. It's an extremely valuable and instructive addition to Talkback.

Reply #33

I must admit to being sceptical when HM etc started this thread, what with the missing apostrophe as well as an almost cavalier disregard for the merits of the Mundane Moments thread. But now, with the apostrophe in the right place and the thread already on its third page, I take it all back. It's an extremely valuable and instructive addition to Talkback.

Its going to slow up once everyone has listed everything they've ever planted, and grind to a halt in the winter. Die thread/plants, die,

Reply #34
I don't have much of a garden, and what I do have I paved over because f*ck plants.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #35

Well, there's the Hammock Hut, that's on third. There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There, that's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.

Oh, the hammock district!
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #36

No World Of Hammock?

Reply #38
Have a two-person hammock, but it hasn’t seen any action for a long time.

Reply #39
Who was that invitation intended for?

Reply #40
If it was an invitation I'd have Ts & Cs with 'no swingers' being first on the list - it makes it very unstable.

Reply #41
I want a proper old fashioned stringyy one, tied 'twixt two trees, (figs optional, but that sounds quite nice) where I can snooze in the shade wearing a straw hat pulled over my eyes.

Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #42
Could be a frost on Friday and Saturday nights, so don't forget to protect any young plants.

Reply #43
I am finding this thread quite reassuring and comfy, like Monty Don in a warm bath.

Reply #44

Could be a frost on Friday and Saturday nights, so don't forget to protect any young plants.

Should be OK here on the south coast but I may bring my young tomato plants in as a precaution - I don't want them too uncomfortable.
I wouldn't recommend being a student to anyone.....
.......except to students