Skip to main content
Topic: The new fitness thread (Read 58786 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The new fitness thread

Reply #1201
Uh-huh. The other half of the equation is equally or perhaps even more important.

I've had mine down to below 50 before. Now I imagine it's north of 60. I did however train 7 times last week in what will probably be a unsuccessful attempt to do a half iron in September which I am calling Man vs Sweep Bus.
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #1202
I've had mine down to below 50 before. Now I imagine it's north of 60. I did however train 7 times last week in what will probably be a unsuccessful attempt to do a half iron in September which I am calling Man vs Sweep Bus.

No idea where mine is these days. When I first started running decent distances consistently I went through a phase of going dizzy every time I stood up; I asked the doctor about it and he reckoned it was my body adjusting to the change in my resting heart rate. I haven't done any kind of endurance training for ages now though, I should probably check to see where my RHR is now.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #1203
All those smart watches seem like a scam to me but you lot like them so who am I to tell you that  they are bullsh!t.

No they're not. I do this thing where I sit there, hold my breath and watch my heart rate increase on my smart band. See if you can beat 120bpm. Ace game.

Reply #1204
Mine is about 70, not great, but I don't think it's too bad ..... Is it? Another worry

Reply #1205
Mine is about 70, not great, but I don't think it's too bad ..... Is it? Another worry

Assuming you're around mid-late 40s like many of us, it's pretty normal. Could be better but could be loads worse.

Reply #1206
I'm 48 in may, so probably more late than mid, so it has been confirmed that I am going to live nearly forever.

Reply #1207
If it's any consolation to anyone, when I got my lung age checked a few years ago, it was 74. Also affects my resting heart rate and recovery after exercise. Still, considering I nearly died fifteen years ago, I'm happy enough!

Reply #1208
If it's any consolation to anyone, when I got my lung age checked a few years ago, it was 74.

Er, no. Why would that be any consolation to anyone?

Reply #1209
I'm into week 2 of my 12 week half iron program. I am tired. I've only got 10 weeks so I've lopped out the 2 trickiest week. @Chicago I am also doing loads of other stuff wrong in my approach.  
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.