Skip to main content
Topic: Mundane Moments (Read 588570 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Mundane Moments

Reply #11490
How many Asda's hats can you nick before they get suspicious?

Reply #11491
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #11493
They were edible?

Reply #11494
We had a Health & Safety briefing from the rep, who was also the union rep. He was like a Peter Kay character.

"Reeet, we'll watch this boring video on lifting and stuff. And then you have to answer this questionaire. But don't worry about that, I'll just give you all the answers so you'll all pass". And then he did.

"now, I'm not supposed to say this, but there's some right b@stards on the floor. Just keep your head down and avoid them."

"What shifts have you been booked for? Lates? oh.... hahahah! They're the worst. I hate doing lates."

"I'm just like you. Having to work is rubbish and I'm only here because the pay is slightly better than working in the Royal Mail warehouse across the road."

Reply #11496
Yeah but then they change the branding and you are left with a shed load of out of fashion hats you can't shift.

Reply #11497
They’ll be retro as f*ck in 8-10 years. Forty quid a pop, easy. Have you been to Daphnes Handbag on Mansfield Road?
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #11499
I did two weekend shifts on checkouts at asda in Bournemouth, just opposite the travel interchange in the summer of 1998.Didnt get a hat, though. Just a couple of shiny badges, one with my name on and one informing of my happiness to help. Wich was a lie.

I left after being offered the lucrative and glamourous Tandy gig. Where I once met Ross Kemp. Which, as you know, is a great story.
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #11500
I see @Richoriginal is lording it over me already, i pass by the upper class voice pickers on my way into the cold store to stand at the end of conveyor belts and load crates onto pallets. The highlight of my day is if i get to load the spatchcock.

Reply #11501
.....The highlight of my day is if i get to load the spatchcock.
 This is lovely work.  The prince of w@nk jokes in a very, ahem, fertile field.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #11502
I did two weekend shifts on checkouts at asda in Bournemouth, just opposite the travel interchange in the summer of 1998.Didnt get a hat, though. Just a couple of shiny badges, one with my name on and one informing of my happiness to help. Wich was a lie.

I was winked at by Matthew Kelly in that Asda!

Reply #11503
I see @Richoriginal is lording it over me already, i pass by the upper class voice pickers on my way into the cold store to stand at the end of conveyor belts and load crates onto pallets. The highlight of my day is if i get to load the spatchcock.

We don’t have fancy high fulutin’ conveyer belts at the ASDA.