Skip to main content
Topic: Mundane Moments (Read 481810 times) previous topic - next topic
Psychobel and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Mundane Moments

Reply #9990
Realised I have finally assimilated to living in the US after a little over 8 years here, as of today finally fulfilled the ‘american dream’ and swapped my mini truck for a full sized 5.3 litre V8 gas guzzling truck which will be my vehicle of choice for the daily commute.

Reply #9991
Realised I have finally assimilated to living in the US after a little over 8 years here, as of today finally fulfilled the ‘american dream’ and swapped my mini truck for a full sized 5.3 litre V8 gas guzzling truck which will be my vehicle of choice for the daily commute.

Silverado?
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #9993
Yep LTZ with full trim and all the toys.

I will never understand North America's obsession with trucks. For about the same money you could have been in a Grand Cherokee SRT which will carry more people, carry more luggage, cost less in fuel, be more comfortable and outperform an F-150 Raptor and an SRT-10.

Still, I suppose it's useful for when you need to pick up sheets of drywall and Mexican labourers from Home Depot.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #9994
I will never understand North America's obsession with trucks. For about the same money you could have been in a Grand Cherokee SRT which will carry more people, carry more luggage, cost less in fuel, be more comfortable and outperform an F-150 Raptor and an SRT-10.

Still, I suppose it's useful for when you need to pick up sheets of drywall and Mexican labourers from Home Depot.

Because I already have the Grand Cherokee and it was time to upgrade the 2nd car, the truck is incredibly helpful in the summer for the kayaks, bikes and trips to Home Depot but I wanted a little bit more space in the back... plus as you may say... because I can.

Reply #9996
In the North East I suspect it’s a couple of factors...

Lack of alternative options, with ford amongst others abandoning all forms other than SUV’s/trucks there just isn’t a great deal of choice.

The weather also gets in the way, a convertible or similar is just not practical with weather in the January months.

Lastly I also read yesterday though don’t recall where that somewhere close to 30% of truck owners are using them for pulling boats, moving kayaks etc.

Reply #9997

And I realized I am fairly well assimilated into Australia when I googled what the f*ck you were talking about and thought "That's not a truck, it's a Ute"
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #9998
My son-in-law-but-not has just bought a Land Rover defender. Which he describes as a truck.

The worlds gone mad.

Reply #9999
Sat outside pub in town watching a fair amount of boobage going by. Some pretty impressive.
Anyone requiring chinning form an orderly queue

Reply #10000
Sat outside pub in town watching a fair amount of boobage going by. Some pretty impressive.

It's amazing how many tubby middle aged men get their man baps out once the sun appears.

Reply #10001
Now in a pub with world's worst karaoke singers truly f*cking apalling
Anyone requiring chinning form an orderly queue

Reply #10004
Maybe he could get on the karaoke and sing it instead.
Boy am I going to look even more stupid than usual when we romp to a 3-0 win.