Skip to main content
Topic: Mundane Moments (Read 385879 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Mundane Moments

Reply #8640
So it has. I replied to him suggesting he thinks about what he's retweeting, and my reply has also disappeared.

Reply #8641
On my 16th trip to NYC so far this year, finally an overnight trip rather than 6 hour round trip, celebrating with a curry.

Reply #8642
Arrived in york about half an hour ago for a meeting. Am just parked up and closed my eyes for 10 mins. Woke up and next to me a car pulled in with plain clothes police (they’re all radio’d up) their windows are down and I can hear the radio chatter. About as subtle as a kerbstone.

Reply #8643
Want to stay and see what happens but need to go to this damn meeting.

Reply #8644
That's what they are waiting for.

Don't take the bribe Rich.

Reply #8645
Going to a friend's photography exhibition this evening. I expect it will be full of people talking about F stops and shutter speeds and apertures and framing and it all means absolutely nothing to me. I've never understood the whole photography thing.

I'm assured that there's beer though.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #8646
Photography is just an excuse to get girls you don't know very well to get their tits out. If they haven't, they're not a very good photographer.

Reply #8647
Photography is just an excuse to get girls you don't know very well to get their tits out. If they haven't, they're not a very good photographer.

You are Dave Lee Travis and I claim my £5
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #8648
It's bloody warm upstairs toneet. Worth opening the loft hatch? Or is that b*llocks?

Reply #8649
Two weeks ago I bought a $10 lottery ticket, which became a $20 win. I put that $20 into a lottery ticket last Friday, and it won $40. On my current track it's only 15 weeks until I win over a million dollars.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #8650
My daughter has been in Kidzania for over 6 hours and isn't yet bored.

I am. I'm guessing my wife is even more bored on the inside with her.

Reply #8651
Rich B's mates were out and about today. Here's a flavour of the people Rich regards as fellow travellers.

https://twitter.com/SoniaGallegoAJE/status/1018151468925444096?s=19

Unfortunately for Bill Eve of 'the Bank' restaurant in Hornchurch, Essex (what a surprise he should hail from there, eh?), he's not very good at keeping a low profile. It's not as if his restaurant is going to be booked up with no-shows from here to eternity now, thankfully.

Reply #8652
Anyone know anything about the mechanical workings of a car?

For the past couple of months the gearbox on mine has been getting stiffer and more difficult to select a gear, particularly coming down the range while slowing down.

Could this be anything other than a clutch on the way out? The car's done about 80,000 miles and I could do without the expense of replacing the clutch right at this moment.

Reply #8653
With gear issues, first fix for me is to replace the gear link bushes holding the linkages in place between the gear stick and gearbox.

Reply #8654
Next up, get two solid state drives