Skip to main content
Topic: Mundane Moments (Read 342939 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Mundane Moments

Reply #8640
So it has. I replied to him suggesting he thinks about what he's retweeting, and my reply has also disappeared.

Reply #8641
On my 16th trip to NYC so far this year, finally an overnight trip rather than 6 hour round trip, celebrating with a curry.

Reply #8642
Arrived in york about half an hour ago for a meeting. Am just parked up and closed my eyes for 10 mins. Woke up and next to me a car pulled in with plain clothes police (they’re all radio’d up) their windows are down and I can hear the radio chatter. About as subtle as a kerbstone.

Reply #8643
Want to stay and see what happens but need to go to this damn meeting.

Reply #8644
That's what they are waiting for.

Don't take the bribe Rich.

Reply #8645
Going to a friend's photography exhibition this evening. I expect it will be full of people talking about F stops and shutter speeds and apertures and framing and it all means absolutely nothing to me. I've never understood the whole photography thing.

I'm assured that there's beer though.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

Reply #8646
Photography is just an excuse to get girls you don't know very well to get their tits out. If they haven't, they're not a very good photographer.

Reply #8647
Photography is just an excuse to get girls you don't know very well to get their tits out. If they haven't, they're not a very good photographer.

You are Dave Lee Travis and I claim my £5
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #8648
It's bloody warm upstairs toneet. Worth opening the loft hatch? Or is that b*llocks?

Reply #8649
Two weeks ago I bought a $10 lottery ticket, which became a $20 win. I put that $20 into a lottery ticket last Friday, and it won $40. On my current track it's only 15 weeks until I win over a million dollars.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

Reply #8650
My daughter has been in Kidzania for over 6 hours and isn't yet bored.

I am. I'm guessing my wife is even more bored on the inside with her.

Reply #8651
Rich B's mates were out and about today. Here's a flavour of the people Rich regards as fellow travellers.

https://twitter.com/SoniaGallegoAJE/status/1018151468925444096?s=19

Unfortunately for Bill Eve of 'the Bank' restaurant in Hornchurch, Essex (what a surprise he should hail from there, eh?), he's not very good at keeping a low profile. It's not as if his restaurant is going to be booked up with no-shows from here to eternity now, thankfully.

Reply #8652
Anyone know anything about the mechanical workings of a car?

For the past couple of months the gearbox on mine has been getting stiffer and more difficult to select a gear, particularly coming down the range while slowing down.

Could this be anything other than a clutch on the way out? The car's done about 80,000 miles and I could do without the expense of replacing the clutch right at this moment.

Reply #8653
With gear issues, first fix for me is to replace the gear link bushes holding the linkages in place between the gear stick and gearbox.

Reply #8654
Next up, get two solid state drives