Skip to main content
Topic: Red Birds v Red Train (Read 9854 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Red Birds v Red Train

Reply #121
I think you are all onto something here.... (looks up vegas flight prices)
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #123
Sorry to hear that Dave.

Silver lining might be that this gives you a good reason to move somewhere more exciting than G-Town.

Reply #124
Sorry to hear that Dave, I hope you've been stocking up on Pot Noodles?

As for todays game, I've not long got back. I'm sorry but Blackstock and Collins should be arrested for impersonating footballers, Tudgay did more in 5 minutes than Blackstock did all game. He's been laughably bad since he signed his new contract and I don't know whats happened to him but we really should've shipped him out when Leeds came sniffing at Christmas! And please don't get me started on Collins....
As for the game itself, as others have stated, the Ref ruined the game. I'm not sure about the sending off, it was at the other end and it wasn't clear if he elbowed him or not, I'm guessing from the reaction on here he didn't? We didn't turn up today and we got what we've been threatening to receive for a few weeks now. The league table as it stands will probably be the final one as we're not equipped to go up or compete in the play offs!

Reply #125
Let's look on the bright side, Barnsley getting stuffed by Charlton means that we are now mathematically safe from relegation.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

Reply #126

We didn't turn up today

I would disagree. forcefully. We were streets ahead of them until the sending-off (which was naive by henderson - after the earlier bust-up the referee would have been focused on revenge). As for their first, Halford didn't need to block their man - he had lost the ball. McGoogle's 'goal' - I thought he used his body weight and balance superbly.

* Even at 6pm, Chip Alley was full of mongs and lowlife in fancy dress, what a horrible place.

Reply #127

We were the better side up until the red card which never was.  Blackstock was absolutely dreadful.  I can only assume unfortunately that cox must be injured.  cardiff were there for the taking and we just folded.  Henderson was woeful too.  he should have buried that chance.  After that complete pants.  Although on the bright side, Darlow is some keeper.  i like him a lot.

Bolton play fester next week.  We still have a chance but really need to play with a chip on our shoulder again.  Halford being injured worries me because he is by far our best defender.  Wonder if hutchinson instead of collins could be a move against muddlesboro.   Of course I blame NED, he did the thread title.

If nothing else the season isn't going to be boring until we totally fcuk it up.  And on an even brighter note, if we miss the playoffs at least we won't fcuk it up in spectacular fashion like the last three times.

Chicago: possibly about to save some flight money
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #128
Cox I think was rested as he was on 9 yellow cards and another today would have meant a 2 match ban.  After this weekend, yellows are effectively wiped.  I'd like to see him play with Sharp against Boro - Blackstock has been dreadful for months now.

Reply #129
My son and I were confused when we made our 4th substitution, but later realised that in fact Mc Gugan had played the first half and was not in fact a half time sub.

I thought it was evenly balanced until the sending off, but Cardiff looked far more dangerous in front of goal, even though in the first half we did a pretty good job of keeping them out of that area most of the time.

I am still drying out. Rhod Gilbert seems to have had it spot on when he said that as a child growing up in Cardiff until the age of 12 he didn't realise you could actually remove a cagoule.

Reply #130
Sorry about your seperation Dave, it can't be an easy time.

Reply #131
Thanks for the messages re my situation/separation. Never thought I'd bring it up in a match thread :)

JP - Will stay in G-Town for a bit, as I will buy her share of the house. I can't handle a full house move at the same time, but will probably consider moving somewhere a bit more 'happening' next year.
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #132

Thanks for the messages re my situation/separation. Never thought I'd bring it up in a match thread :)

JP - Will stay in G-Town for a bit, as I will buy her share of the house. I can't handle a full house move at the same time, but will probably consider moving somewhere a bit more 'happening' next year.

Not too far from mini-vagas, either (FDTD)....

Reply #133
Sorry to read about your problems Dave - Make sure you check the boat over thoroughly next time you set sail ;)

Reply #134

Not sure who was worse, Forest or that f*cking clown of a referee.
Anyone requiring chinning form an orderly queue