Skip to main content
Topic: Down with the kids  (Read 4103 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Down with the kids

Reply #15
The number 7 looks fairly handy. In a Wright-Phillips kind of way.

Reply #16
I think the right back looks the best player so far. Composed & strong.

Clarke Carlisle is getting on my tits. It seems that as he's a footballer who is able to string 2 words together then everyone thinks he is knowledgeable about the game. So far he's trotted out every footballing cliche but just added a few extra flowery words.

Reply #17
'99 problems' on the half-time tannoy. in lieu of a minutes silence for thatcher, presumably.
this is an excellent rectangle

Reply #18

I think the right back looks the best player so far. Composed & strong.

Clarke Carlisle is getting on my tits. It seems that as he's a footballer who is able to string 2 words together then everyone thinks he is knowledgeable about the game. So far he's trotted out every footballing cliche but just added a few extra flowery words.

"Basketball football" is not a cliche. Probably because its such a stupid statement that nobody else would use it, but it is original.

Reply #19
Not playing very well are we.

Reply #20

"Basketball football" is not a cliche. Probably because its such a stupid statement that nobody else would use it, but it is original.

End to end is though, which is what he meant & is a cliche. My personal favourite so far is "as consistent as something that's consistent".

Reply #21
Started watching at about the 65 minute mark. We seem outnumbered all over the pitch as Norwich are flooding midfield with fast but average players. It's a bit like watching a sh!t Leicester. Or just Leicester.
We're all off to beat the Wolves,
Aitor Karanka!

Reply #22
"And that's what you expect Dixie Dean lose that ball". Clarke Carlisle aint Kenneth Wolstenholme.

Reply #24
Boo. Still, it has been coming, even though the cheating c*nt fisted it in.
Aitor Karanka!

Reply #26
This has been an awful game.

Reply #27
men bigger boys against boys.
Aitor Karanka!

Reply #28

This has been an awful game.

It's not first team level. Don't tell Juanjo but Norwich looked stronger and more technically secure to me. Dodgy goal, but probably a fair result. I know some of the lads were told that they would be moving up to the first team squad shortly (prior to WMD). On that evidence I don't see it under the billies, and if that was the case I wouldn't criticise him. There's some decent players there, but they need more time and physical work.

Reply #29
Two average sides afraid to commit too much in a first leg shock. Forest shaded the first half but couldn't cope with Naarch's extra man in midfield. Still, [cliché alert]it's only half time.[/cliché alert].

Anyone fancy Carrow Road next Tuesday?

I thought not.
King of the c*nts.