Skip to main content
Topic: Summer 2020 transfer window (Read 2653 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Summer 2020 transfer window

Reply #45
Percy reporting that we’ve turned down £10m from Sheffield United for Cash. So at least we aren’t selling cheap.

Reply #47
Sheffield United can f*ck off at any price, for me.
Why? They're building a decent second Forest XI? Robinson, Osborn, Freeman, Sharp, McGoldrick, Cash.

Reply #48

Agree with Russ.

Leicester
Sheffield utd
Wolves
Liverpool

In that order when I get access to the red button.
It's bacterial. It's a virus. It's Russian.

Reply #49
Why? They're building a decent second Forest XI? Robinson, Osborn, Freeman, Sharp, McGoldrick, Cash.

They can have the mediocre ones but I don't want them signing our good players. Anyway, Sharp was always theirs.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #50
They can have the mediocre ones but I don't want them signing our good players. Anyway, Sharp was always theirs.
It would be an odd one - £12m for a back-up right wing-back. Unless he is genuinely looking to replace Baldock, which would be a surprise given Wilder's loyalty to certain players.
Would probably spell the end for Kieron Freeman anyway, as that's his role in the Blades squad.

Reply #51
Danny Taylor seems to be saying that Cash is definitely going somewhere, maybe Worrall too

Reply #52
Danny Taylor seems to be saying that Cash is definitely going somewhere, maybe Worrall too

Worrall’s got potential but he’s not a level above like Cash. Anyone making a big offer for him is gambling on his development. You’d think he’d be better playing another season at this level to keep learning and developing - he’s not a premier league starter (yet?)

Reply #53
Agree with that, although all bets are off on my judgement of centre-halves after the Wes Morgan debacle.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #54
So we're selling off the spine of the team (Worrall, Watson, Grabban) with 6 weeks to go? And also our best player in Cash (I know he has to leave but...)

Still. 6 weeks. Plenty of time. Don't panic.

Reply #55
So we're selling off the spine of the team (Worrall, Watson, Grabban) with 6 weeks to go? And also our best player in Cash (I know he has to leave but...)

Still. 6 weeks. Plenty of time. Don't panic.

Are you saying you don’t have confidence in our ability to buy quality replacements that fit into our team? Why ever not?

Reply #56
When was the last time we bought a player from a Division below and sold them up for a profit?

Reply #58
Certainly sold for a profit. But not sold 'up' to the Premiershipleague. Have we ever done that? Or even a signing from abroad that we've sold up? I keep looking at Brentford's transfer activity e.g. Andre Gray signed from Luton, sold to Burnley for profit, or Maupay signed from France for a reported 1.6 million and sold to Brighton for 20m, funding Pontus Jansson amongst others. We are crap at upselling and great at whatever the opposite is. Downbuying?

Reply #59
Antonio? Bought from our league. Sold to the big league for a good mark-up.

(EDIT: That doesn’t for the criteria. Bollocks.)