Skip to main content
Topic: Summer 2020 transfer window (Read 35656 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Summer 2020 transfer window

Reply #45
Percy reporting that we’ve turned down £10m from Sheffield United for Cash. So at least we aren’t selling cheap.

Reply #47
Sheffield United can f*ck off at any price, for me.
Why? They're building a decent second Forest XI? Robinson, Osborn, Freeman, Sharp, McGoldrick, Cash.

Reply #48

Agree with Russ.

Leicester
Sheffield utd
Wolves
Liverpool

In that order when I get access to the red button.
I think most of you are the thick dumb tw@ts.

Reply #49
Why? They're building a decent second Forest XI? Robinson, Osborn, Freeman, Sharp, McGoldrick, Cash.

They can have the mediocre ones but I don't want them signing our good players. Anyway, Sharp was always theirs.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #50
They can have the mediocre ones but I don't want them signing our good players. Anyway, Sharp was always theirs.
It would be an odd one - £12m for a back-up right wing-back. Unless he is genuinely looking to replace Baldock, which would be a surprise given Wilder's loyalty to certain players.
Would probably spell the end for Kieron Freeman anyway, as that's his role in the Blades squad.

Reply #51
Danny Taylor seems to be saying that Cash is definitely going somewhere, maybe Worrall too

Reply #52
Danny Taylor seems to be saying that Cash is definitely going somewhere, maybe Worrall too

Worrall’s got potential but he’s not a level above like Cash. Anyone making a big offer for him is gambling on his development. You’d think he’d be better playing another season at this level to keep learning and developing - he’s not a premier league starter (yet?)

Reply #53
Agree with that, although all bets are off on my judgement of centre-halves after the Wes Morgan debacle.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #54
So we're selling off the spine of the team (Worrall, Watson, Grabban) with 6 weeks to go? And also our best player in Cash (I know he has to leave but...)

Still. 6 weeks. Plenty of time. Don't panic.

Reply #55
So we're selling off the spine of the team (Worrall, Watson, Grabban) with 6 weeks to go? And also our best player in Cash (I know he has to leave but...)

Still. 6 weeks. Plenty of time. Don't panic.

Are you saying you don’t have confidence in our ability to buy quality replacements that fit into our team? Why ever not?

Reply #56
When was the last time we bought a player from a Division below and sold them up for a profit?
Bolsover Dirty Mover and prediction thread baton holder.

Reply #58
Certainly sold for a profit. But not sold 'up' to the Premiershipleague. Have we ever done that? Or even a signing from abroad that we've sold up? I keep looking at Brentford's transfer activity e.g. Andre Gray signed from Luton, sold to Burnley for profit, or Maupay signed from France for a reported 1.6 million and sold to Brighton for 20m, funding Pontus Jansson amongst others. We are crap at upselling and great at whatever the opposite is. Downbuying?
Bolsover Dirty Mover and prediction thread baton holder.

Reply #59
Antonio? Bought from our league. Sold to the big league for a good mark-up.

(EDIT: That doesn’t for the criteria. Bollocks.)