Skip to main content
Topic: Leeds v. Forest (Read 2976 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Leeds v. Forest

Reply #75
So in short: new manager with about six games under his belt fails to get the (apparent) best out of a load of players he doesn't really know. And you're unhappy with that.

Of course it was an improvement on the last game. The same 11 players started and ended up with a point. Away. Given some time they might even start to get to know each other and play a bit. They won't get that time of course.

You wang on like you're some kind of football genius, but you're a bloke who spends all his waking hours in a gym. Hurrah.

Reply #76
If you are talking about points gained then it’s an improvement.  If you look at the performance it was worse.  Who’s banging on about being a football genius?  I am just typing what I saw.  You are creating a narrative that doesn’t exist other than in your mind. 

And again you missed my point because you are obviously stuck up your own arse.  I had said that the point was moot as MON had been sacked when I could see where he wanted to go and the club said fcuk that let’s keep changing until we get it right (lucky), like Watford...

It will never work because we won’t be given time which is needed.  The new players look worse than the old players based on these two games.  They might gel But maybe a coach could have worked on the ones we had unless someone of quality fell into our hands.  Quantity seems to be the order of the day.  Throw something again the wall.  See what happens.  Not really a particularly smart way to run a professional football team but hey ho it’s not as if others haven’t said the same thing.  I feel bad for Smoochie...

Now get off the grog and stop embarrassing yourself and start being nicer because I will be your neighbour soon.

Chicago: Football genius, expert, manager, Omnipotent all knowing All Star player and winner of 15 leagues. (Probably a better Barrister too..)

If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #77
I'm not sure you can directly compare the two performances - one was at home to WBA the other away to dirty Leed. Those two teams play differently so we're going to play differently.

I think we did a better 'job' against Leed, but we at times against WBA we played better football.

Reply #78
I also think you're underplaying the opposition saying Leeds didn't impress you that much. I think you have been watching too much premiership sh!t. Leeds and West Brom with be in the top three this season no doubt so you're comparing us with already established top of the table sides and saying we aren't good enough, as jp says, giving no thought to the fact that the manager has had two games and half the players are new to the club.

Reply #79
I thought we showed a bit of grit yesterday and of course got the rub of the green. Karma. Unlike others, I thought Silva looked pretty good. Leeds players obviously thought so too, as they constantly fouled him. The centre backs worry me with their lack of pace. Maybe Chemi or whatever his name is will start next week. I’d like to see what Bostock can do and would also have Ameobi in there instead of Lolley.

Reply #80
Leeds are miles ahead of Forest, were at home in front of a big crowd and playing off the back of an impressive away win last weekend. Nobody gave Forest a prayer, yet they came away with a point.

No, it most certainly wasn't pretty but it was, in the main, reasonably solid. I thought the defence largely offered the goalkeeper decent protection and we certainly got lucky with a couple of key moments (Bamford shot against the bar, Robinson foul in the penalty area) but then so did Leeds last season (Roofe handball).

Leeds opened us up far less than I expected and the second-half substitutes made a difference - especially Ameobi who took the pressure off the defence by carrying the ball upfield and ultimately won the corner which lead to the equaliser.

It could have been miles worse. Leeds will likely get promoted this season.

Reply #81
Performance was totally unacceptable but result was pure karma.

Silva was completely out of his depth again. Lolley was nowhere near his best. Adomah was out of sorts. These were so blindingly obvious how come not reacted upon accordingly.
Sorry if my patriotism offends you. Trust me your lack of spine offends me more

Reply #82
Not sure I agree about Silva. Thought he showed some nice touches and intelligent play, but he was mostly kicked when he had the ball. Difficult to judge him on a game when we conceded so much possession.

Reply #83
Just watched Quest. Totally biased bollocks. No mention of dive, no mention of the yellow which should have been red card.

Tossers

Reply #84
Not sure I agree about Silva. Thought he showed some nice touches and intelligent play, but he was mostly kicked when he had the ball. Difficult to judge him on a game when we conceded so much possession.
Sometimes you have to forsake skilful touches from a small bloke for a big bloke especially when he’s being kicked to feck with zero protection from ref.

Reply #85
How come Forshaw wasn’t booked when Silva turned him in the first half? It was a blatant, cynical attempt to stop a break.

Reply #87
I also think you're underplaying the opposition saying Leeds didn't impress you that much. I think you have been watching too much premiership sh!t. Leeds and West Brom with be in the top three this season no doubt so you're comparing us with already established top of the table sides and saying we aren't good enough, as jp says, giving no thought to the fact that the manager has had two games and half the players are new to the club.

I watch plenty of championship games.  Last year I was very impressed with Norwich and predicted that they would go up when they turned us over at the City Ground.   Nobody at the time agreed with me.  I also said that even after their red hot start that Leeds wouldn’t go up.  There is no doubt they are a better side than us at the moment and due to get better with Clarke, Costa and Neketiah added to their ranks.  I just thought that they weren’t that good against us yesterday and we were dreadful until Ameobi at least came in and provided a spark.  We were very very lucky.  My opinion is that I had not seen an improvement and Grabban was isolated.  I didn’t see us scoring and was pleasantly surprised we fluked one.  Leeds should have had a red. They were physical without being technical.  Silva was brushed off the ball very easily.  I am not looking for us to football teams to death but in order for Smoochie to keep his job we need to at least have some offensive threat.  Maybe we will be like Cardiff and just feed off set pieces.

It’s a scary world when I am agreeing with Rich B but I do. 

We shall see how the new boys fair against Fleetwood Mac.  The lack of striker options is worrying as Grabban will he feeding off scraps until Joao is back. 

I am more excited about the yoof to be fair.  Brennan Johnson, Richardson and Appiah seem to have something about them.  It’s a long season so I Hope for the best.  Wet Brom and Leeds are a big team (as in physical) as are Cardiff.  They will be up there but I suspect the footballing sides like Fulham will slowly rise to the top. 

Again conjecture, (Norwich had a slow start), but I want to see something from the team where they are not hanging on for dear life.  If our goal is promotion then we need to have some attacking threat.  By the way not a chance we go up because The Smooch won’t be given time.  Wash and reload. 

I hope I am wrong. 

Chicago: Dreamer. 
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #88
We are miles away. Hard to see how we go about scoring enough. Definitely some decent players recruited, unfortunately still plenty won't contribute much at the level. Highly unlikely that they will perform over the course of the season, given its the first time in England, at this level, for most.

It's arguably the most physically demanding League in the world. I just can't see us getting lucky with enough of them over the demands of a 46 game season.

It looks like a decent development squad though. Give them an acclimating year, see which ones work, plug the gaps for a big push next year.

Never happening of course.

See you this time next year, same place, same groundhog day... But probably two more managers down.

Leeds destroyed us, but didn't get the goals they should have. We scored with a shot attempt from single yards going for a throw in, but being deflected off the arm of our striker, and dribbling in to the corner.

It's unlikely that we will get that level of luck all season.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #89
It doesn't look like Montanier Mk II to me thus far, it looks more like Warburton Mk II with more muscle, but (currently) less skill.
Forest are tragic on and off the field.