Skip to main content
Topic: Tonight's game (Read 1325 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Tonight's game

Reply #75
Adomah.
Boy am I going to look even more stupid than usual when we romp to a 3-0 win.

Reply #76
Dave appears to be having a chat witn himself.
Meet the New c*nts.

Same as the Old c*nts.

Reply #77
Adomah has been very good to be fair to him. Lots of crosses. We're playing with a lot of energy, even Watson, and closing them down. It's good so far. Silva is energetic, not as good as Carvalho but more aggressive. Semedo struggling a bit. Good performance overall though. You could imagine Lamouchi laying down an attractive pattern of play if only he wasn't here for just the six months.

Reply #79
Bar Silva hitting the woodwork it seems to be mostly them this half. Legs going in midfield perchance?
Boy am I going to look even more stupid than usual when we romp to a 3-0 win.

Reply #80
Yep.

Keeper doing a lot better tonight though. Some good distribution too. I think I'm going to be a bit sad when we sack Lamouchi, I like what he's doing but it needs time and some well thought through, incremental recruitment, neither of which are available.

Reply #81
I went, despite my better judgement as I'd knackered my knee the day before and could barely walk. As I was late getting a paper ticket (am a ST holder) I ended up in a-block which wasn't ideal. Massive credit to the guy who runs the car park I have a space in on match day, who went to look for me at half time and re-located me up with him at the top of b-block on an end of aisle seat (although the steps were a bitch).

Anyway, from what I could see it looked like a really good, tidy performance. New boys seemed good, Silva very Carvalho-esque and Adomah looked impressive and seemed to be hugely pumped up for it with lots of interaction with the crowd too.

@Steve my hope is that with Lamouchi coming in as 'head coach' within a new structure, as long as we are seeing an upward trajectory of sorts, he may get a bit longer (after all, there was speculation that Karanka leaving was more to do with bust ups with some of the powers that be rather than Marinakis himself and MON was always going to be a terrible fit for us if we are honest). Must admit I like the cut of his jib, seems to have the desire for expressive football like a lot of continentals but with a bit of steel and moodiness about him. Yeah, I know - optimism and all that.
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #82
We may as well be optimistic.

Reply #84
The Palace write up of last nights game is laughably biased. They were there far superior team and Nottingham is in the 'north east' apparently

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/report-nottingham-forest-v-crystal-palace/
This guy writes more bollocks than I do !
Anyone requiring chinning form an orderly queue

Reply #86
It sounds like a far more exciting game than I was watching.

Reply #88
My concern is he seems to love Watson! He isn't a leader, not vocal enough and he has been Captain in previous games where we seemed to lack desire and fight.

Reply #89
What are you talking about?   Watson kicks people and is mouthy to the referee.  Perfect Captain material.  How he is picked ahead of Bridcutt is possibly the biggest mystery of the universe!!!

Chicago:  X-file. 
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.