Skip to main content
Topic: Football programme valuation question  (Read 545 times) previous topic - next topic

Football programme valuation question

GF cleaning out old family stuff stumbled in a Forest vs Man Utd programme from the 60s that seemed to be autographed by much of the Manure team that played, inc Bobby Charlton and George Best.

No idea if there is any real value to it or not (in my baseball circles someone got excited by something signed by ex Orioles legend Cal Ripken only to find out he was a serial autographer and it’s more unusual to find someone who doesn’t have something signed by him!), so thought I would ask here if anyone knows who can advise on value of such memorabilia?

Ta
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Re: Football programme valuation question

Reply #1
You'd need to check with a dealer, but I'm going to guess that it won't be hugely valuable. For context, a piece of paper signed by most of the Busby Babes including six who were killed in Munich sold at auction a few years ago for just over 200 quid, and I'm willing to bet that Charlton, Best et al signed an awful lot more things.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #2
Thanks. Does anyone know a good 'dealer' to talk to (football memorability obviously)
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #3
Tweet Fawaz, he can frame it and put it where the European cup used to be.

Reply #4
I sold my programs a few years ago, didn't get a lot and there were two European Cup finals in it along with the 1959FA Cup and the Hillsborough disaster one. Plus 12 full seasons from 1968 -1980. They were just gathering dust in the attic and we were moving house. The 1959 game was the only one I didn't attend.

Reply #5
How much money did you make?
I think most of you are the thick dumb tw@ts.

Reply #7
thanks all. I've advised that it's best to keep as a keepsake and/or in case of future appreciation of value in years to come.