Skip to main content
Topic: THE SILLY SEASON! (Read 17246 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: THE SILLY SEASON!

Reply #300
I don't think we should hold him back, he's given us good service.

Reply #301
Bit of a shame as he's been a very solid player for us, but I think he may be fairly near his ceiling and as long as it's a decent price I think we'll get over his loss without too much trouble.
12 months ago, I’d have agreed, but I think he’s become massively more important for us over the last year. It’s not obvious but he’s a real leader on the pitch both by example and vocally. I don’t think we’ve got anyone who can step up to provide that on pitch example.

Reply #302
Bit of a shame as he's been a very solid player for us, but I think he may be fairly near his ceiling and as long as it's a decent price I think we'll get over his loss without too much trouble.

Don’t think we’ll get that much as he only has a year left on his contract.

Very hard to begrudge him his Premier League move, and I will happy to offer him a polite round of applause when he comes back to play against us in the 20/21 season.

Reply #303
I think Benny.  I think he is a good player.  People give him sh!t because he’s small.  Never hurt Matadona or Messi, Sterling, (although they are/were better players).

I think everyone seems obsessed with the size of how big a professional player should be.  That is why Osborn never felt our love. 

Anyway he is useful to have around as he can fill in anywhere.  I think Sheff Utd know this and will utilize him well.  For the reported 3.5 million I think they got a steal but we don’t like English players so I suppose it’s fine.

Chicago:  Benny-Phile. 
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #304
I appreciate this is weird but I much prefer Osborn leaving to go to the premier league in the middle of a transfer window with a bit of speculation leading up to it, than him being shunted out to Stoke on the last day of the transfer window in January. Long-serving players deserve a bit of decorum in their departure.

Also a decent fee for a player who, probably, not many would put in our strongest 11 and doesn't really have an obvious position looks like a win for the club. Hopefully he can prove lots of people wrong and make a success of it. (Yes, Sheffield United are very, very likely to be playing in the championship in 2020-21 but that doesn't necessarily mean Ben will be.)

Reply #306
Maybe Steele is just playing at semantics, maybe he's been told he can find a new club but that wasn't the initial reason he wasn't going to Greece?

Reply #307
I like Osborn but while he is a Jack of all trades he isn't a master of any position. Give his all but often it's too easy to play him while better players are available. I really don't see what he will bring to Sheffield United but we could be totally wrong.

Reply #308
I like Osborn but while he is a Jack of all trades he isn't a master of any position. Give his all but often it's too easy to play him while better players are available. I really don't see what he will bring to Sheffield United but wecould be totally wrong.

You.

Reply #310
You can be happy for him to be sold and still see what he will bring to Sheffield United.

(He will bring a "good engine"/workhorse/versatility mentality to a limited team who will struggle to stay up and who must also be thinking about the season after next.)

Reply #311
There’s a rather odd rumour going around that we have signed Sam Byram off Wet Spam for 750k.

Dunno if it’s true..

Chicago:  Putting it out there.

PS:  Daniel Taylor doesn’t think it’s us.
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #312
Smart money appears to be on Norwich.

Reply #313
It's definitely Forest or Norwich. Forest or Premier League Norwich. Or West Brom.

Where would you choose?

Reply #314
There's pictures of him in a Norwich shirt.

I think it might be Norwich.