Skip to main content
Topic: THE SILLY SEASON! (Read 17247 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: THE SILLY SEASON!

Reply #255
The recruitment policy doesn't make sense to us because as yet we have seen no evidence of a clear club playing ethos, indeed we have no idea who would even be setting it, and therefore we have no idea whether the players we have signed will make any sense. That may be because that that club ethos doesn't yet exist, or simply that we haven't seen it yet.

My mileage doesn't necessarily vary, I don't yet know what to think. I am though far more excited about the idea of young, attack minded players from the ranks of the largest European clubs than I am by cloggers and retreads from the English leagues. I'd rather have the hope of what might be than the dread of what is inevitable, and for that reason I'm in on this approach right now.
 My point would be that whatever way the manager sets out to play, the sort of players we have recruited will take time to adapt to the league, and the manager will be sacked (probably) before they do.

Rinse and repeat.

Reply #256
Maybe we should go and play in the Portuguese league.

Reply #257

That sounds like an obscure threat.  In line with 'Why don't you go play in the traffic'.

Reply #258

I'm with Florist.  We might do okay in Portugal...... When it hits winter...

Chicago: Englander.  (ish)
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #259
Every manager has praised Liam Bridcutt’s professionalism yet he is always surplus to requirements.  The whole thing is a bit weird.  I think he’s a tidy player and was never given a chance.  Was there a clause in his contract that paid Leeds oodles of cash if he reached a certain number of appearances?  Liam should be fuming about being sidelined especially when everybody says how hard he works and he is always ready to play.

Odd.

Chicago: Inclusive.
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #260
I think he's a decent Championship player, who should have played more than he has. Colback was the main man in his position, which is fair enough, but how much money have we spent on other midfield players who we really didn't need just to get us to 9th in the Championship? Bridcutt is a classic example of how we shoot ourselves in the foot because we jump from one thing to another in a constant state of flux and panic, appeasing fans or managers by chucking money around with little regard for what it is doing to improve us.

Reply #261
Yes. Since signing Bridcutt, we signed Yacob, Tachtsidis and Pele and brought back Ryan Yates from loan. How many hundreds of thousands have been wasted on that lot in that time for very little return?

Reply #262
Yes. Since signing Bridcutt, we signed Yacob, Tachtsidis and Pele and brought back Ryan Yates from loan. How many hundreds of thousands have been wasted on that lot in that time for very little return?

And now we've signed two Portugeezers who appear also to play CM.

It will be millions, not hundreds of thousands.

Reply #263
Colback! Watson!

Reply #265
Gingerist?

Reply #266
Quite a few players missing from the Greece trip, don't know how many are injured.

Looks from Twitter like they forgot to tell Steele he could go and just told the local paper instead.

Reply #269
The official Forest account on Facebook just announced the signing of yet another midfielder - Sophie Walton, formerly of Notts and Doncaster. I've never heard of her either, but once again I find myself hugely impressed with the way that Forest are conducting themselves as a club.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do