Skip to main content
Topic: WE NEVER BEAT THOSE PRESTON CNUTS! (Read 1191 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: WE NEVER BEAT THOSE PRESTON CNUTS!

Reply #30
We've had a tough start, too. Seem to have played a lot of the better sides already.

Yep. All six of our games have been against teams currently in the top 9, and we only lost one of them. It's definitely encouraging.

Edit: and our next game after the international break is away at Swansea, who are top of the table. After that our next six league games are against teams currently in the bottom half.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #31
Very tight game that we did well to draw having gone behind. Good start to the season and a decent return in points from those games. Manager clearly understands what he is watching in a game and how to influence it which is a very good sign.

Reply #32
I don't disagree about the manager. I think he's shown a good understanding of the level of the division so far. My view is not very important.
I'm a fcuking idiot. Clearly.

Reply #33
Very tight game that we did well to draw having gone behind. Good start to the season and a decent return in points from those games. Manager clearly understands what he is watching in a game and how to influence it which is a very good sign.

Agreed, although replacing Semedo didn't exactly require Clough levels of football insight. He definitely knows what he wants his players to do though, and he knows how to get them to do it. For me his best achievement so far is the renaissance of Ben Watson - I keep expecting him to revert to the Ben Watson of last season, and he keeps not doing. I know they gave Sow MOM today and he definitely made a huge difference when he came on, but for my money Ben was our best player today.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do

Reply #34
Worrall is improving as well under him. I honestly think we remain a top 10 team in the mix but alongside several others. I hope that doesn't cost Lamouchi his job.

Preston are also in that mix despite half the budget.

Reply #36
After the first half it was a descent result. We still have the same issues of starting so slow and allowing the opposition to dictate play. We have started the season better than I thought but I don't think we are a top six side. Certainly not in midfield. We won't be looking at a relegation battle either. I don't know what our Greek overlord will make of it though if we are around tenth at Xmas. I think we need stability and should give this season and next as long as some improvement is shown

Reply #37

Wasn’t watching that well as Silva wasn’t subbed
Sorry if my patriotism offends you. Trust me your lack of spine offends me more

Reply #38

It was a tough game to stomach as I knew it would be.  I went for a draw and at least we scored one.  I was a bit surprised that Sow didn't start.  I didn't think Watson played that well to be honest.  I thought he got away with a lot of late sloppy tackles.  Worrall has been playing great so smoochie has that going on but we did look second best against a attritional Preston side that could have quite possibly bored me to death.

We are missing something going forward but at least Grabban didn't look totally isolated.  If only for an Irvin Appiah who could run with the ball at his feet.....oh....

In these matches Sow is an essential because he is a clattery old battering ram against a big boring team.  It's enough to unsettle sides.  In other games against Swansea it might be a good idea to have the nimble players.  Although today I thought Silva was anonymous. 

Boring!

At least we seem safe this year.  Maybe January big beardy may give our fat manager some attacking funds as we don't quite have that killer player to unlock these sides.

Chicago: Called it. 
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.