Skip to main content
Topic: Ding Dong Kranky Has Gone! (Read 2000 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Ding Dong Kranky Has Gone!

Reply #90
It certainly gives that impression as neither of them are going to comment further.

Reply #91
Surely no-one is buying the resigned/mutual consent thing?

That kind of wording is exactly what we put in emails to all staff when we bin someone and pay them off.  I assume that's why it didn't happen yesterday as planned, they were still haggling over the terms of the pay-off.

As someone said earlier, saying he'd been fired would have caused more supporter meltdown directed at the Board/Chairman.  This way some of that may be defused.

Reply #92
Exactly. He'd been undermined to the point where he had no future. 'Mutual' suits both parties now, but he's been pushed.

Reply #93
Surely no-one is buying the resigned/mutual consent thing?

That kind of wording is exactly what we put in emails to all staff when we bin someone and pay them off.  I assume that's why it didn't happen yesterday as planned, they were still haggling over the terms of the pay-off.

As someone said earlier, saying he'd been fired would have caused more supporter meltdown directed at the Board/Chairman.  This way some of that may be defused.

Yep. But taking a pay-off and saying you left by choice is still likely to be giving up something financial, as well as stopping the work you have been doing, which I imagine for someone like AK would have been a bit of a thing too.

And it didn't actually say mutual consent. It said that Karanka had asked to be released from his contract. Subtle difference I know.
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #94
2. Whence comes THAT particular expectation?

Because, unless the owner is in the process of closing his wallet and walking away, there would be no sense in pushing for the removal of Karanka.

All talk is of Marinakis being insanely ambitious, and therefore I can't see him suddenly throwing his weight behind Paul Heckingbottom or Mick McCarthy as next manager - which would have been the case in the past.

I may be wrong, but I'd expect a pretty high profile and/or previously very successful appointment. Not to say it will work, but that's what I expect.
The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #95
He was sacked Dave.

I doubt he took a financial hit.  To buy silence and override contractual rights means people normally get more than they'd have done by seeing out teh term.

Yes hurt pride etc but as we've said before the Forest job is a sh!t show and no future employer will hold it against you for not reaching the end of your contract.

Reply #96
He was sacked Dave.

I doubt he took a financial hit.  To buy silence and override contractual rights means people normally get more than they'd have done by seeing out teh term.

Yes hurt pride etc but as we've said before the Forest job is a sh!t show and no future employer will hold it against you for not reaching the end of your contract.

Exactly, it's not like the real world where being sacked has a stigma. Karanka has resigned to do the club a favour and will be paid accordingly.

Reply #97
like any of us really know

Reply #98
So after the divorce is he widow kranky?

Has this been done?  Should this be the the pantomime thread? 

Reply #100
Aitors gonna Ait.

Reply #101
Football Focus saying

- Marinakis tore a strip off the football staff back in October, and things have been bad since then

- Karanka at loggerheads with the CEO for a while (remind me who that is again?)

Reply #102
Ioannis Vrentzos?

Reply #103
Is he the one who arrived when Marinakis took over, and was said to have purchased some of the shares?

Another thing which is worth repeating (as in Dec 2017) - where is the Chairman? Yet again the promise of more communication between club and fans , particularly on the intended direction of the club, has fallen flat. They don't 'have' to tell us anything, but at the beginning they said they were going to....

Incidentally, a good friend of mine knows Nick Randall a little bit, and says he is a really decent bloke.

Reply #104

Incidentally, a good friend of mine knows Nick Randall a little bit, and says he is a really decent bloke.

I also have a friend who knows him, and says the same.