Skip to main content
Topic: Look to the skies!!!! (Read 1381 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Look to the skies!!!!

Reply #30
Poor first half. Much improved second half. 0-0 was a fair result & not a bad one against a pretty strong, skillful Stoke side..
Plusses for Forest:
- super perfomance from Darikwa.
- the whole back four did well with Figueredo outstanding.
- thought Colback come back strongly after an indifferent first half.
Minusses:
- a couple of glaring missed chances, particularly from Grabban.
- Gueddy forgot to put on his red-nose, but still msnsged to play like a bloody clown.
Really not a bad result as it urned out. Still optimistic going forward.

Reply #31
I enjoyed that. The away fans brought us out of ourselves and it made for a good atmosphere, if you ignore the gammon. Bit of niggle and a strong opposition made for a decent Championship game. Stoke should definitely be in the mix at the end, we also look good for that too.

Reply #32
Darikwa and Daws were both very good.  Grabban should have taken one of his two glorious chances. We are looking fairly solid to be fair

Reply #34
Darikwa and Daws were both very good.  Grabban should have taken one of his two glorious chances. We are looking fairly solid to be fair
2 chances? First definitely second was good keeping
Anyone requiring chinning form an orderly queue

Reply #35
Balanced first half, we were better than them second. Double rainbow over the bridgford, lots of tw@ts booing about some missing poppy or other, mostly 'ironic'.

Reply #36
I always have a problem when someone gets verbally abused for something they *haven't* done that is seen as the 'norm' as opposed to actually doing something bad.

Thought the booing of McLean OTT and possibly helped galvanise them too.

Another minutes-applause thing too. I had no idea about it, so it was perplexing why everyone was standing up and clapping with a picture of a kid on the screen. I had to google later to find out the clubs connection to him. Don't get me wrong - it's a tragedy for the lads family, and I'm deeply sorry for their loss, but I'm there to watch a game of football, not to give a standing ovation to someone I'm not aware of. Cold and callous I know.

Game itself was decent I thought. First half they were the better side and we were backing off them way too much and our passing was dodgy. Much improved second half and we shaded that and could have nicked it in the end.Happy with Darikwa as MOTM - he really looked good. Overall, much like I said in the last game thread...good to see us look defensively solid and give ourselves the chance to win (ok, we didn't take it this week but still). I'm also happier in the position we are in rather than bouncing around at the top like Leeds, Norwich, Sheff Utd etc. Sightly less expectation and a good run can see us drive for the play-off places post xmas I think.

The inside of a Halex Three-Star table-tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to

Reply #38
Extended highlights...

Great chance for Grabban right at the end. Highlights look at bit Forest-heavy from what I've read about the game.

Reply #40
Frustratingly the streaming of the game froze so rebooting the replay just told me the score.  From what I saw Grabban should have scored when Butland made a cock up.  It was always going to be a tight game.  We had the better chances.  Karim would have been a good shout if we wanted to really go for it:  Darwika is much much better as is Colback but we are missing something.  I suspect that is because of Gueddy misfiring somewhat.

We are efficient but not dynamic.  Carvalho is starting to impose himself somewhat and him and Lolley are our wild cards.  Stoke didn’t really have anybody.  Just big solid bodies.  I still can’t quite figure out what happened With the Efobe decision.  Did he dive?  If so then yellow.  If not then Pants is off.  That as far as I can figure was Stoke’s real chance.

I figured 0-0. 

I predict maybe 6th or 7th. 

Chicago:  Stonewalled.
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #41
I've spent the evening with a number of season ticket holders, who know the division, and have played the game all their lives.  The broad consensus is just outside the playoffs. My prediction prior to festivities was 8-12.  I'm now wondering if we can hang on to the sort of position we look like (top end of that prediction) after we change managers over xmas.

Reply #42
Frustratingly the streaming of the game froze so rebooting the replay just told me the score.  From what I saw Grabban should have scored when Butland made a cock up.

Agreed, that was a horrible miss.

I still can’t quite figure out what happened With the Efobe decision.  Did he dive?  If so then yellow.  If not then Pants is off.

Watched it four times. Still can't figure out how it wasn't a red card. There was clearly contact and Pantilimon wasn't anywhere near the ball. Given how early it was when that happened, we definitely nicked a point yesterday.
Outside it's 1933, so I'm hitting the bar

Reply #43
There would be a big backlash if Karanka is sacked, unless we implode. He's got us competitive again and is starting to look all Karanka with his clean sheets. There is a fair bit of reliance on a small group of quality attacking players which could be problematic over the season but in our context and accepting that I'm not fan of the overall approach, he's doing very well.

Reply #44
Why on earth would anyone think that sacking Karanka at Christmas / any time soon would be a smart move.
Anyone requiring chinning form an orderly queue