Should the UK be In or Out of Europe?

In
Out
Shake it all about
d)
Topic: This Europe Stuff (Read 127071 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: This Europe Stuff

Reply #4666
I'd recommend staying away from talk radio today.  It seems that some of the frothing at the mouth brigade have learned how to use the telephone, and they're not happy.

Reply #4667
This is a strange, slow, continuous car accident.

Reply #4668
This is a beautifully elegant explanation of the level of justgerronwiit f*ckwittery that a convoluted form of words to achieve an idiot level of sham political optics causes.

The thorniest issue in the customs union backstop proposal is how violently lopsided it is. For a start, Britain has lost all say over how the customs union operates, or the regulations which are embedded in it. And things only get worse from there.

We will now be stuck in a trade coma. When the EU signs a trade deal with another country, we will have to open up our market to their goods under whatever tariff arrangement they've come up with. But we won't get reciprocal access to their market unless we negotiate it ourselves - because the deal is only for EU members. And we'll have very little chance of doing that, because they'll already have what they want, which is full access to us. It's horrible.

The customs union backstop will also have plenty of other damaging effects. It doesn't come anywhere near replicating the economic arrangements the UK currently has. Services will take a massive hit, because it offers no provision for them. Agricultural products - especially animal based ones - will have have lots of extra bureaucratic requirements when they're exported. UK companies will no longer be able to self-certify products for the EU market.

Ian Dunt is my favourite forensic, but still understandable, analyst of brexsh!t bollocks (with extra f*cking expletives).  He's done more good work than the whole of the BBC (who should absolutely hold their heads in shame at what they've become) put together.

Reply #4669
Quote from: May, may not, but I'm taking you all down with me.
"...If you strip away the detail."...blather, blather....spin....jingoistic claptrap....misdirection...rabbit in the headlights.
If you strip away the detail there's absolutely nothing in the agreement, except you've agreed to the terms of the EU for a withdrawal agreement, and you are suggesting that we light the touchpaper on our economy, in the same way that we lit the touchpaper on our negotiation by triggering article 50 when we had absolutely no f*cking clue what we were doing.

What an utter f*cking useless, but dangerous, charlatan.

Reply #4670
That EU draft withdrawal agreement in full, courtesy of those filthy unaccountable Eurocrats, and their sneaky democratic transparency.

Reply #4671
Just read it, not much of a plot.