Skip to main content
Topic: Official Talkback Mumsnet Thread (Read 2678 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Official Talkback Mumsnet Thread

Reply #30

Anyone know where I can hire a childs car seat from. Asking for a friend who might have pranged his car, and whilst the insurance provides a courtesy car they don't provide a car seat. And taking ours it out of my friends pranged car is a right pain.

The McCanns probably have a spare one

Reply #31
My mum apparently looked into this for my brother and the conclusion was that no-one hired children's car seats. Because the hiring company couldn't guarantee how they'd been treated and that they hadn't been in an accident, so they might not be safe.

Reply #32
Except car hire companies, who do. Or did  2 years ago when I last needed to.

Reply #33
My friend tells me there are child seat car hire places on the web. They're expensive though. JP is also right. Car companies do do hire cars with child seats, but won't hire you just the seat.

So, my friend has decided to buy the next car seat up in size now. It was nearly time anyway.

Reply #34

My friend tells me there are child seat car hire places on the web. They're expensive though. JP is also right. Car companies do do hire cars with child seats, but won't hire you just the seat.

So, my friend has decided to buy the next car seat up in size now. It was nearly time anyway.

Do you have to buy the next car size up as well or are you (sorry your friend) getting the old one back?

Reply #36
In the spirit of some product testing I have a t-shirt that says "For twenty four years I've been living next door to Alice", a design absent from eBay that I will looking to add soon. Ingo Jr Mk1 (3 in December, May also) wants one and is talking about little else. I was going to do her one that said "For two point four years I've been living next door to Alice". Is this in bad taste?
The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.

Reply #37
In the spirit of some product testing I have a t-shirt that says "For twenty four years I've been living next door to Alice", a design absent from eBay that I will looking to add soon. Ingo Jr Mk1 (3 in December, May also) wants one and is talking about little else. I was going to do her one that said "For two point four years I've been living next door to Alice". Is this in bad taste?

Yes.

Do it.

Reply #38
Nope, don't get it.

Reply #41
Alice? Who the f*ck is Alice?