Skip to main content
Topic: Qatar (Read 214 times) previous topic - next topic

Qatar

Anyone know anything about football in Qatar (beyond what I can find out on the interwebs)?

Particularly if you’ve been to a league or cup match out there?

Re: Qatar

Reply #1
Is football even a thing in Qatar? I assumed it was just entirely made up for international prestige.

Its just England's luck that the development process we've been through may come to fruition at a tournament in a drink free authoritarian desert in totally sterile stadiums.

Reply #2
Is football even a thing in Qatar? I assumed it was just entirely made up for international prestige.

Its just England's luck that the development process we've been through may come to fruition at a tournament in a drink free authoritarian desert in totally sterile stadiums.

Not sure where you are planning to spend next Sunday, but it doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

Reply #3
To watch France vs Croatia? Home, before playing in the evening.

Reply #4
Not sure where you are planning to spend next Sunday, but it doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

The amount of presumption that I've seen in the last 24 hours makes me think that a significant proportion of our fanbase haven't actually watched Rakitic and Modric playing.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

Reply #5

I will be watching the game tomorrow with two Croatians.  They will be bringing Croatian wine.  Sounds awful.  It will probably end in a punch up.

Chicago: Stuck in Chicago.
If running is bad for your knees try hanging out with Russ and Tricky for a night.

Reply #6
Given its location and climate I would imagine they should be able to produce some pretty good wine. That doesn't of course mean that you'll get the good stuff tomorrow.
I don't like workaholics. Don't f*cking trust them. Why are they working? I don't trust busy c*nts. That's how wars start: busy f*ckers.

Reply #7
I have worked there several times from the middle 90s and never saw, heard of football stadiums.

Anyone requiring chinning form an orderly queue

Reply #8
The amount of presumption that I've seen in the last 24 hours makes me think that a significant proportion of our fanbase haven't actually watched Rakitic and Modric playing.

Cardboard was deployed.

Reply #10
Aren't they building half a dozen stadiums in a tiny area. All powered by Fawaz fridges?
believe there are at least two in Doha and at least one in an outlying town with f*ck all infrastructure.

I worked out at Ras Laffan a new industrial city in the desert.

Reply #13
there seems to be quite a few there now, and more being built:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_stadiums_in_Qatar

Looks like I've got to go week after next for some site surveys so I guess I'll see then.
Don’t envy you, if you have a choice the Sheraton Doha by the Corniche is pretty good hotel. It’s the pyramid shaped one - worked there as well.